Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » We are what we are . We don't get angry at cats and dogs for being cats and dogs. They are limited to what they are. Why do we get so angry at one another for being limited to what WE ARE?

We are what we are . We don't get angry at cats and dogs for being cats and dogs. They are limited to what they are. Why do we get so angry at one another for being limited to what WE ARE?

Posted - July 14, 2016

Responses

• Good question. Watch it turn into a conservative vs liberal fiasco. Very good question. Are we what we are irreversibly.

July 14, 2016 8:19 AM MDT

Thank you for the compliment TBMFP. I appreciate it. I would hope it wouldn't turn into yet another excuse to vilify and attack on politically partisan levels. I would hope people could recognize the validity of the basic question without turning it into a platform for political posturing and grandstanding. Actually I think we are what we are from the git-go. At conception.  I think perhaps  it can be modified somewhat superficially but that would take great effort and consistency. I  mean how much can you change the configuration  of DNA? Happy Friday! :) Speaking of politically though. I have read that  folks are often Liberals when young and become Conservative when they're older.  I wonder how that can be? I've been a Liberal for as long as I can remember. I cannot imagine flipping. :)

July 15, 2016 3:54 AM MDT

We will be much happier in life if we learn to accept people for who and what they are.

We all have our limitations.

July 15, 2016 7:29 PM MDT

Precisely! Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Saturday! :)

July 16, 2016 4:49 AM MDT

• That's a very good question too. I have have liberal inclinations all my life too, but as I get older and wiser, I see some of my views changing towards the conservative side. I think it may have something to do with the idealism and spirit of reconciliation of the young. Or perhaps I'm not really getting wiser at all. ). That's a good question, I'm going to look it up.

July 16, 2016 6:33 AM MDT

You are welcome and have a great weekend.

July 16, 2016 8:10 AM MDT