Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What are some of the dangers (or negatives) associated with starting a relationship with someone who has been cheated on several times?

What are some of the dangers (or negatives) associated with starting a relationship with someone who has been cheated on several times?

~

Posted - April 1, 2017

Responses

• They may have trust issues and that could inhibit their ability even to consider a deep bond. 

It shouldn't be a problem for a casual, short-term relationship. 
      April 1, 2017 8:20 PM MDT

HUGE trust issues!
      April 2, 2017 12:31 AM MDT

• And who could blame them?
      April 2, 2017 1:02 AM MDT

I wouldn't...that happens to be me and I've only been cheated on twice, mind you I heard the first one...that was beyond terrible!
      April 2, 2017 1:03 AM MDT

You will be put on a short leash, closely monitored and never trusted. Your 007 skills will be tested to their limits ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at April 2, 2017 12:32 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

probably none if youre not a cheater
      April 1, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

It depends on their nature. I agree with Pearl to some extent. If the person has learned to cope, you aren't going to have any issues, unless you're a cheater... in which case, you will be caught and probably right away. The person who has been cheated on knows the signs, even if you aren't giving off big ones. They'll pick up on slight changes in behavior. Maybe you put away your cell phone just a little too fast when they come in the room. Maybe you stop going for the hello or goodbye hug... there are almost always telltale signs. Plus, the person who has been cheated on before isn't going to approach you and ask why you're being strange. They'll gather the info they need and then hang you with it...

If they haven't dealt with it, every little thing you do will be scrutinized.
      April 1, 2017 10:14 PM MDT