Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Is Shia Lebeouf's career over?

Is Shia Lebeouf's career over?

The man's down

Posted - April 6, 2017

Responses

Who?  ;-)
      April 6, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

• Exactly
      April 6, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

Huh? What happened?
    Sorry, I live under a rock so I'm a bit out of the loop..
      April 6, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

• His latest movie tanked hard as hell.   See reply to Rooster.
      April 6, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

• I'm wondering that myself. I saw where he made some war movie and it only made something like 8 million dollars and didn't go over well. I think he's a better co-star than actual star. If he doesn't team up with someone good and make a great movie? Then yes, I think he's about run the course.
      April 6, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

• I think that's world wide.   I heard $450,000 in the US and only made 30 pounds the first week in the UK selling only one ticket the first day.
      April 6, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

April 6, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

• Yah.   Then it doubled the previous showings sales  the next day  and sold two tickets
      April 6, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

• I only read part of the story but it was pretty bad.
      April 6, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

• I heard on morning radio.  Be honest I couldn't care any less about this person.   I can't think of a single movie he's been that was good.   

April 6, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

• He was pretty good with Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones movie: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but other than that? I agree as I can't think of anything else he was in that was good enough to sit through.
      April 6, 2017 6:32 AM MDT

• I hated that movie.   I loved the Indaina Jones movies but  refuse to accept Crystal Skull.   I thought it was too derivative. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 6, 2017 7:12 AM MDT
      April 6, 2017 6:34 AM MDT

• Pretty Random question, Glis

I like him as a person. He's a good sport who excels in self-depreciation better than he does at his acting career. With that in mind, I think he's trolling Hollywood and personally doesn't Give AF and he does have a cult following like Charlie Sheen to some extent. I mean really...he makes money from residuals anyways and probably get's more from repeats of transformers than many of us here make in a year.

So is he a good actor??? I think so, but I also think he's nucking futz, yet you have to wonder how he lands gigs with a-listers and prominent directors like Lars Von Triers.  Yeah...yeah...yeah...Von Triers works are questionable and polarizing, but he's an interesting cat all the same.  

If there is one thing you can say about Leboeuf, he's fearless.  If you don't believe me, check out the Movie NYMPHO by the mentioned director and bone-up on his bone up
      April 6, 2017 7:18 AM MDT

• I just read a few articles about him a very difficult actor to have on set.  You might be on to something.

He said a lot ant-Trump things during the elections and I'm fairly certain it's likely to hit his box office performance with this movie since a large fan base for modern war movies are in that group.
      April 6, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

Von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark" is the best movie I've ever seen.

:)
      April 13, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

• IKR? It's an excellent movie, but not one I could watch twice.
    I wanted to slit my wrists afterwards. It was so damn depressing.

I have a bizarre fondness for Melancholia. I love that movie
      April 13, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

I've only seen "Dancer in the Dark" twice in my life so far. I doubt I'll watch it again because of the same reason you said but that movie is truly in a class to itself in my opinion. The second time I watched it I was sharing the movie with my parents --  my mom, toward the end of the movie, got up and left the room, saying, "I can't take any more of this misery."
    :)

I haven't seen "Melancholia." I assume it's a Von Trier movie, too. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 13, 2017 7:50 PM MDT
      April 13, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

• Yes...Melancholia is Von Triers.  Check it out sometime. It's beautifully made, the plotline is very original, Kirsten Dunst is excellent as are the rest of the cast, and the world ends. What more could you want?  It's almost Shakespearean in the way it's presented.
      April 13, 2017 7:53 PM MDT