Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » I'm off to the rodeo. You comin'?

I'm off to the rodeo. You comin'?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

Giddyup.
      April 7, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

• PICK ME!!! Take me :(  I like ponies:/  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0_oPPK6eA

Annnd I hate this song but question made me think of it :)
      April 7, 2017 8:50 PM MDT

• LOL.....  Those guy's suck and blow so much. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 7, 2017 8:56 PM MDT
      April 7, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

• They do :) but that song was popular when I was still go clubs .....I never danced on a speaker to that song :/ gawd  I was a loser :)
      April 7, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

• Meh,  could have been worse

April 7, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

• :) 
      April 7, 2017 9:04 PM MDT

I cannot believe I'm listening to this song right now. When I saw this question, this is exactly what came to my mind, but I thought "Surely not". Hehehehehe!

Rodeos are actually a disgusting display of animal cruelty, of course. (You know I had to throw that in there). :)
      April 7, 2017 10:53 PM MDT

Animal cruelty? Have you never seen some dumb drunk redneck get thrown off and chased by a ton of beef?

It is beyond me why a man would climb atop such an animal.
      April 7, 2017 10:55 PM MDT

I'm not a fan of the use/abuse/exploitation of animals for the amusement of humans. I try to apply that same sentiment to human beings, but it's really difficult at times.

In the above scenario, I'd find it quite hard not to root for the bull...
      April 7, 2017 11:00 PM MDT

I came from a really small town and the rodeo came there when I was prob not even 20.

Trust me, the Bull didn't get hurt. I did ride a Jersey milk cow on our farm for a while when I was around 8 or so. She wasn't hurt either. We loved her. She nearly killed me as did a quarter horse later on.

We loved our animals. We have always been taught to love and respect animals, they are our friends.

I have tried going vegetarian but it doesn't work well with me for some reason.

Maybe it sounds hypocritical but to eat an animal is something I just grew up being used to. Now, I'd rather take pictures than to kill an animal. It is not pleasant to think about but I do eat a lot of beef. I do try and make sure they were not abused and confined to small feedlots for their lives.

In a perfect world, I'd be vegetarian and maybe one day I will but for now I am a beef eater and occasionally other meats.

Animals are a beautiful creation, goats being among my favorite. They are such good pets but also delicious.

If we are to eat animals, and some always will, we should promote more humane ways of raising and slaughtering them.
      April 7, 2017 11:10 PM MDT

I've had to mute the sound on my computer, I can't stand to hear the Rodeo song any longer! :P

I could send you some links showing the way that many rodeo animals are treated, but I will spare us both. There might be some bulls and horses that enjoy the process, but I doubt it.

I also grew up in a rural, farming community and ate animals most of my life. I made a conscious choice to stop eating them because I just didn't feel good about doing it any longer. How could I say that I LOVE cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys and then eat them? I decided I wasn't going to personally contribute to their suffering or death any longer. I don't try to guilt others into not eating animals, they can do as they please. It's just not something I want to do ever again. You must admit, though... it does sound strange, you saying that you loved and respected your animals and they were your friends... but then you ate them. Hehehe!

I applaud your efforts to consume animals who were treated humanely while they were living. I do feel that the conditions in which most animals bred for consumption live is worse than the actually killing of them. Everyone and everything dies, but to live nothing but a torturous existence is just horrific. And that is the fate of many farmed animals.

Goats are marvelous. You don't actually eat them, do you? I mean, do people eat goats? I thought they were raised for their milk!

I completely agree with you about promoting and insisting on more humane farming.
      April 7, 2017 11:29 PM MDT

It is quite a nuisance that the song plays automatically.

I know it it hard for someone to understand that a person can love animals and eat them too but studies have shown some people are healthier eating meat. Of course there are contradictory studies too.

The Eskimos lived almost exclusively on meat a century ago and were among the healthiest people in the world.

It has been something I have had to look at several times.

I have issues digesting many foods. It seems the more lectins, the harder it is on me and beans are among the highest in lectins and soy in particular contains phytoestrogens which aren't good at all. I require a lot of protein. I've tried vegetable concentrates but whey works best, but I cannot seem to get used to drinking my meals all the time.

An animal that is allowed to graze freely and is killed in a way that causes no pain and removes most of the blood and hormones is a bit more expensive, unless one is a do-it-yourselfer but it's worth it imo.

I have eaten goat once that I recall. As far as I know, goat is eaten more than any meat in the world. This post was edited by weylon.com at April 9, 2017 6:42 AM MDT
      April 8, 2017 1:23 AM MDT

This a trick question, no? *stressed out*

April 8, 2017 2:44 AM MDT

sure except i might need a ride since i dont drive
      April 8, 2017 3:50 PM MDT