Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Math » Are you aware how much impact the year you were born has on your current age?

Are you aware how much impact the year you were born has on your current age?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

30 is nothing. I have been 30 ten times already.
      April 8, 2017 12:39 AM MDT

• Oh, yeah. It was a different world in those days. The trick is to welcome the changes and go with them.

But I also grew up in a world that had almost no inflation. My current motor vehicle -- and a Toyota Yaris is one of the less expensive vehicles -- cost nearly three times as much as I paid for my house and land. Equating today's costs with yesterday's takes a little adjustment.
      April 8, 2017 1:13 AM MDT

I was thinking about that the other day.

Before we left the Gold Standard, inflation was really insignificant.

A quarter was silver and we had silver certificates for paper currency, since then it has been such a circus.

The banks control nearly everything.

Before the 1970s, many people paid cash for houses and cars, dr visits were affordable. It was a different world. I don't know that inflation is always a bad thing but wages don't always keep up but with this idea, tax rates should never increase, they naturally increase along with inflation.
      April 8, 2017 3:38 AM MDT

Oh yes. Is tremendously how much of an impact it has. It's not fair, but who told us anything is fair around age or years. I just keep ignoring it, as I am ever as young as I feel any current day. Never as old though. That would be bad. Oomph.
      April 8, 2017 1:57 AM MDT

I find the older I get, the less it takes to make me happy.

I was always chasing some sort of dream that never gave me the expected happiness when I obtained those things in my earlier years. Now at 40 years 5 months 6 days or 1,275,868,800 seconds, I am more content with myself and don't need frivolous things to make me happy.

Good friends and good margaritas are usually enough.
      April 8, 2017 3:46 AM MDT

Hmm. Not sure it's less, more a changed focus on what happiness is. Maybe. Not sure on this one. Maybe it's we understand to appreciate the little things more now than in our youth. Maybe.
      April 8, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

• "Yes" ... but I didn't get to pick it!
      April 8, 2017 2:26 AM MDT

yes, im very aware of it
      April 8, 2017 2:53 PM MDT