Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Goatjumper 1:1 We are all being subjugated by our governments and corporations. Do you want to contribute to the Goat Bible of Anarchy?

Goatjumper 1:1 We are all being subjugated by our governments and corporations. Do you want to contribute to the Goat Bible of Anarchy?

Posted - April 11, 2017

Responses

• Nice! and you provided two passages, too.  :)  
    • Book of Bozette 4:1 Opt out to the level you are comfortable with.  I do by bartering, swapping unused items, shopping local mom-n-pops, buying used and refurbished, sharing services, helping and accepting help from family, friends and neighbors, etc.  
    • 4:2 I mind my business and respect others by not minding theirs

Maybe I should plan on a Volume II if you wan to keep these nugggets of wisdom
      April 11, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

How about a historical section?  A few examples from the past few decades...

Protestor of note:  Tank Man

Iconic photo:  Iraq, Gulf War 28 February 1991, Kenneth Jarecke, Photojournalist

Speech:  President Eisenhower, 17 January 1961

Song:  Reach Up by Cale Sampson, Occupy Toronto, October 2011

April 12, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

• That is an excellent idea! I was thinking about Illuminating the manuscript and including various iconography and rubrics.

Thank you so much for that wonderful suggestion. I can always count on you to proved sincerely helpful advice...I need a co-editor. You interested?? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 12, 2017 2:03 PM MDT
      April 12, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

Absolutely, count me in!
      April 12, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

• lol

Let's do this
      April 12, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

• DAMN!  I just finished listening to Eisenhower's farewell you posted...Compare that to what we have today...

Look how low we have we sunk!
      April 12, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

Ikr?!  That's precisely why we really should do this!
      April 12, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

• Yes...we'll need to do refresher posts and include a draft of what has been accumulated
      April 12, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

some notable points from that speech worthy of impressing on and monitoring governments against:

1- this world of ours, ever growing smaller, must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.

2- Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose.

3- another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years

4- that peoples of all faiths, all races, all nations, may have their great human needs satisfied;

5- that those now denied opportunity shall come to enjoy it to the full;

6- that all who yearn for freedom may experience its spiritual blessings;

7- that those who have freedom will understand, also, its heavy responsibilities;

8- that all who are insensitive to the needs of others will learn charity;

9- that the scourges of poverty, disease and ignorance will be made to disappear from the earth, and

10- that, in the goodness of time, all peoples will come to live together in a peace guaranteed by the binding force of mutual respect and love.

April 14, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

• Wait....are you trying to whoo me with your sharp intellect and eloquent prose? 
    Cause it's working. 

WingedWonder 5:1   All truths become lies.  The greater the number who believe a truth the more said truth will be corrupted and made waste of.  The individual may posses enlightnment but once those truths are shared they are subject to another's will and must be contorted to fit a different set of ideals. And so it goes, only the lie can exist in the intellect of the collective and it is the lie that occupies and is given the seat of power over them by their own hands, their own mouths, their own minds.  Every individual must hold tightly to truth, lest it become another's and used as a weapon against them.

April 11, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

•   April 11, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

• No.  and you can't make me. Do you wanna make me?
      April 11, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

I'll contribute so long as you mention somewhere in there that our govt. is operated by psychopaths...
      April 11, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

• Well have it..the psychopath thingy is a good start. Would like to refine that first?
      April 11, 2017 7:36 PM MDT

Nope, nope... that is all. Just that one thing.
      April 11, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

• Well ok that's not much to work with, but I can pull it off. How does this sound...

ForkNdaRoad Prologue: "Our govt. is operated by psychopaths..."

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 12, 2017 6:57 AM MDT
      April 11, 2017 10:28 PM MDT

The End :)
      April 12, 2017 6:57 AM MDT

• YES! Damnit! I was right before my very eyes! Thanks for the edification...

ForkNdaRoad EPILOGUE: "Our govt. is operated by psychopaths..."
      April 12, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

Goatjumper 1:1 We are all being subjugated by our governments and corporations. Do you want to contribute to the Goat Bible of Anarchy?

==================================================================================

Good luck with your bible. There probably has never been a time when the need to hold governments and corporations to account has been more urgent than it is now. The world is in a very poor state. Those in power are failing in their duties to improve the condition of the world. The gaps between the haves and the have nots are growing disastrously wider, between the feasting and the starving, between those who have private swimming pools and those who can’t find a glass of clean water to drink, between those who have private health care and the third world children dying of curable diseases, between the free and the oppressed, between those living in palatial homes and those who are homeless, between those who move about freely in their cities and those who are bombed from all directions.

April 14, 2017 10:37 AM MDT