Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Family » What do your Grandchildren or your young children call you?

What do your Grandchildren or your young children call you?

My 2 year old Granddaughter has started calling me Poppa Puppy because she associates me with our dog Puppy. I think it's got a nice ring to it and I really like that of all the other dogs she knows ours is the one that she gets the most excited to see. The other dogs she knows are tiny dogs that aren't very active but our dog is a pretty big boy and she loves watching him run around chasing geese and other dog stuff like that. I also think she feels secure around him and she knows that the dog will protect her. Cheers!

Posted - April 13, 2017

Responses

• That's cute :D

I call my paternal grandmother "Grammy" and my paternal grandfather "Grampa". I've been saying both since I was very little. 

My maternal grandparents are Japanese and I call them by their Japanese appellatives most often: "obaachan, ojiichan". 
      April 13, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

• My god daughter calls me NINA, it is the Spanish word for godmother.
      April 13, 2017 12:04 PM MDT

Nonnie
      April 13, 2017 6:07 PM MDT

Our grand daughter calls my wife Nonnie too.  She often repeats it several times so I say she's Nonnie Nonnie and I am Boo Boo.  Get it?  Nonnie Nonnie Boo Boo!  Actually she calls me Pop.  She's 14 months old.
      April 13, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

I only have nieces, nephews and great-nieces and great-nephews.  When they're young, they call me Aunt Linny.  When they get older, they call me Aunt Lin except for one niece who calls me Linnster, which is how I got my screen name on another site and my vanity license plate.
      April 14, 2017 10:20 AM MDT