Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Games » TheAnswerMug Challenges Series, Capital Capitals Edition: which capital city of a country has the most number of capital letters?*

TheAnswerMug Challenges Series, Capital Capitals Edition: which capital city of a country has the most number of capital letters?*

*I already know some wiseguy or wisegirl will merely count each letter in a capital city's name and call it a day, but what is being asked for is the first letter in each word that makes up the city name.  For example, Bógota (Colombia) will not work because it only has one word.  Washington, District of Columbia (United States of America) only has three capitalized letters.  The "of" is lowercase.

Only the capital cities of countries will be considered, not any of the other types of capital cities within a country.

~

Posted - April 15, 2017

Responses

• The Washington example may be a poor one?  District of Columbia is the surrounding Territory...
      April 15, 2017 11:27 PM MDT

Yes, but it's also the actual name of the nation's capital.  (The Challenge is about the name, not about geography.)

April 15, 2017 11:36 PM MDT

• OK, I was wondering abs yes I understand the challenge.. Just trying to educate myself
      April 15, 2017 11:43 PM MDT

• Bandar Seri Begawan is another with three.

Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the official capital of Sri Lanka.
      April 15, 2017 11:41 PM MDT