Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I've mentioned nasal issues to my doctor twice and she started babbling about some "old factory" each time. Should I see another doctor?

I've mentioned nasal issues to my doctor twice and she started babbling about some "old factory" each time. Should I see another doctor?

I don't really understand all that fancy doctor talk but I start talking about issues I don't understand with my nose and she just starts rattling on about some old factory?

Does anyone understand? I never mentioned anything to her about a factory of any kind. I'm thinking she just don't know how to address my issue and talking about "The Old Factory" is her go to story in such a predicament?

Your advice please?

Posted - April 17, 2017

Responses

• She's not saying "old factory" she is saying olfactory....it refers to the sense of smell. If you don't understand what your doctor is saying, ask questions. Never leave a doctors office not understanding.
      April 17, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

Thank you Angela. Do you know why she wouldn't just use the phrase "sense of smell" instead of expecting me to have the dictionary memorized?
      April 17, 2017 6:28 AM MDT

• Those of us in the medical field sometimes forget that not everyone understands medical jargon. I've caught myself at times and have had to explain things using different terminology. Always ask to have something explained if you don't understand.
      April 17, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

maybe you should see someone else that knows what theyre talking about
      April 19, 2017 4:40 PM MDT