Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Do you think cosmetic applications perhaps add a little to a girl's allure, but take away some of her natural beauty?

Do you think cosmetic applications perhaps add a little to a girl's allure, but take away some of her natural beauty?

Do you think it's worse for a dark complexioned girl? 

Posted - April 17, 2017

Responses

• I find cosmetic application strange on anyone.  Trebly so on a child.
      April 17, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

• Sorry, by "girl" i didn't mean a child. 
      April 17, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

• Opps!  My misreading.  Being inattentive I read "a little to a girl's..." as "a little girls."  Still I find the idea quiet odd.
      April 17, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

• A naturally beautiful woman makes the cosmetics look good.   Not the other way around.
      April 17, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

while I agree with you, I still think you'd be surprised by make up artists and their skills in tunring anyone "beautiful".
      April 17, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

• Touche.
      April 17, 2017 6:02 PM MDT

• Used to enhance, not hide
      April 17, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

• Nice point, ozgirl
      April 18, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

• :)
      April 18, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

Possibly in some cases and not just limited to girls.
      April 17, 2017 3:06 PM MDT

Nope. Generally speaking, I think that many make-up products do one of two things: they either hide women's natural beauty or detract from women's natural beauty, and that's regardless of skin tone. It gets worse when the unnatural contrasting colors of certain eye liners, eye shadows, rouges, blushers, lipsticks, foundations, etc are applied. 

I'm partial to darker complexions as far as what I personally find attractive. I think that for far too long, the global cosmetics industry focused mainly on lighter -skinned women as their target demographic, leaving darker-skinned women in the lurch. The latter group of women used or attempted to use the products that were available, even though the coloration did not always give favorable results. This is especially true of the myriad of skin-lightening products that sell explosively in countries on the African continent and Asia. 

Make-up is largely unnecessary, but BigCosmetic has to dupe women into believing otherwise in order to rake in their billions of annual profits. I, on the other hand, enjoy the way women look with less of it rather than with more of it.  If I can tell she's wearing heavy or thick make-up just by looking at her, especially from afar, she's wearing much too much of it. 

~
      April 18, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

• I don't wear any make-up. It gives me a "clean" look, if you know what I mean.
    And, by the way, the sari is not the only garment an Indian woman wears. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 19, 2017 5:56 AM MDT
      April 18, 2017 6:46 PM MDT

Natural skin is SO attractive!  Thank you.
    :)
      April 19, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

not sure but ive never bothered with makeup myself, wonder if thats why people wont hire me
      April 19, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

wellllllllllll

I'm a retired makeup artist so you may know where this is going.

OF COURSE ANY woman looks better with makeup!!!!!

it's the process of learning the correct colors for their skintone and the way it's applied.

I taught at a modeling school for many years then went on the road for a company that sold to salons....lots of speaking engagements!!

every so often I'd come across a guy who'd say that his wife or girlfriend was a 'natural beauty'....as in; 'she doesn't need to wear makeup'.........

well I usually counted to ten & then politely told him there's no such thing as a 'natural' beauty'.....which he didn't wanna hear, obviously.

MY POINT BEING......NO YOU DONT HAVE TO WEAR TONS OF MAKEUP...

But a little lipcolor, blush, some mascara, makes any woman look a little better.

Years ago I saw photos of Elizabeth Taylor in the makeup chair....nothing on her face....of course she was an exceptional beauty, but even SHE didn't look that great...............

a famous photographer once said 'beauty is good bones'......that is, good facial structure.

which, as you may guess, IS ALWAYS ENHANCED BY MAKEUP....

AND MY BIGGEST GRIPE,,,,,even after all these years? 

YOU LADIES WITH THOSE NARROW EYEBROWS.......

BROWS should never be 'skinny'. the idea at one time was that they 'opened up the face', when in reality, THEY CAUSED THE FACE TO BE OFF BALANCE.....

WOW  I've gone off on a rant hear, but anyway, just remember to keep your face in balance with brows that are not too 'skinny' or even too BROAD......

all for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

:-D

March 14, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

If you don't know the answer to something that requires this small of an amount of common sense, I cannot help you.

March 14, 2018 9:49 AM MDT