Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » One thing I've never done is Slap a baby. Where do you draw the line?.

One thing I've never done is Slap a baby. Where do you draw the line?.

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

• I hear they don't slap newbies anymore. They swing them around by the feet 

April 21, 2017 1:00 AM MDT

• Perhaps.  Again...I'm only going by hearsay, but people are turning to the old ways with child birth. This is where the Olympic sport of the hurl toss derived from.  In Scotland, the patriarch of the family would immediately take the child outside and swing it vigorously then let it go. If the baby was healthy, it would survive the fall.  Generally the largest babies (which were the healthiest) would not travel that far reducing the probability of injury or death.  Smaller, weak babies would go a greater distance and most like suffer the greatest trauma.  This would insure that the fittest children survive to carry on the bloodlines of the clans.  

April 21, 2017 1:10 AM MDT

• LOL  Did you believe me? LOL LOL LOL
      April 21, 2017 1:19 AM MDT

• You do the research and post the results and I'll be there with bells on my shoes to give feedback.

Right now I'm PMSing and it's exhausting

April 21, 2017 2:08 PM MDT

Ahh I hear babies don't like being slapped... just makes them cry even more.... but I think i could slap a baby that looked like the one in the picture :P
      April 21, 2017 1:45 AM MDT

Yuck... no... that one would be bottle fed :P
      April 21, 2017 1:49 AM MDT

• HAHAHA!

I would love to drop-kick that little sucker
      April 21, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

• I always preferred slapping the parents who brought their damn baby restaurant  myself. So selfish.
    Hey y'all when your baby starts screaming a fit and wont stop it's time mom takes him/her to the car and daddy gets the food to go.
      April 21, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

LOL in the interests of PC there's no reason why daddy can't take baby to the car and mommy order food to go :P
      April 21, 2017 6:37 AM MDT

• Hell yeah! Or in a movie theater!

Babies aren't really people until they understand the meaning of the words, "Shut Up".  
    Until that happens, the parents are the ones who need to make sure that happens
      April 21, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

• Babies shouldn't even be admitted into theaters.  PERIOD

I agree with you here.  Also SHUT UP should be one of the first things kids should be taught how to do.
      April 21, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

I agree with you. Never slap anyone in diapers.
      April 21, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

• Right! Go for the punch.
    Image result for Skeleton punching baby GIF
      April 21, 2017 2:07 PM MDT