Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » If you could have just one more day with someone you loved who had died whom would it be and why?

If you could have just one more day with someone you loved who had died whom would it be and why?

Posted - April 21, 2017

Responses

• That's not an easy question to answer. Initially I thought my mom, as I lost her when I was pretty young. Then I thought...would I really want to bring all that horror back, full force, for one day....my answer is no. I'd rather leave the past where it belongs...it was hard enough the first time.
      April 21, 2017 6:28 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer Angela. For me it would be my dad. I adored him. I always thought he'd be there and he died young..54! Sorry that you have painful memories. I can understand not wanting to relive them. Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      April 21, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

My Grandfather. There are so many things I'd like to ask him now I am older. I really miss him.
      April 21, 2017 7:53 AM MDT

That's how I feel about my dad Pepper P. Exactly! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      April 21, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

It would be my Father. Being one of eight children one-on-one time was scarce. He died way to young.
      April 21, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

I came from a small nuclear family.  The only people who were close to me were my father, mother, maternal grandfather, and my aunt (my mother's sister).

To the first three, I would like to sit down and tell them that I realize they did their best;, I have totally recovered; and it really is OK now---and not everything you did was wrong.

To my aunt---Thank you for truly loving and caring about me; you were most likely what kept me going.
      April 21, 2017 11:23 AM MDT

My husband who died on Halloween of 2016 because I forgot to tell him never to leave me or i would kill him. ;(
      April 21, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

It would be my soulmate and love of my life who I lost to the big C in 2005.
    And my parents. I miss all of them very much.
      April 21, 2017 11:45 AM MDT