Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You have to be REALLY intelligent to be a scientist/mathematician. What do you REALLY have to be in order to be a politician? Why?

You have to be REALLY intelligent to be a scientist/mathematician. What do you REALLY have to be in order to be a politician? Why?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

Facile (appearing neat and comprehensive only by ignoring the true complexities of an issue; superficial) with the truth.

Although I admit trump may not be ignoring the complexities---he may not know enough to understand they exist.
      April 22, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

A promulgator of "alternative facts". I believe  Trump doesn't know the difference between true and untrue. Whatever he says is his truth. When he reverses himself that is his truth too. He has no problem contradicting himself constantly. He lives in the moment. There is no "before" or "after". There is only "now". Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Sunday.
      April 23, 2017 4:17 AM MDT

Rich. You have to be able to afford a mass media campaign.
      April 22, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Or have a billionaire in your hip pocket! Sheldon Adelson or the Koch Brothers or George Soros shell out tons of money to purchase the politicians who will do their bidding. It is the American way. Maybe it is the way of the world. Ethics/honesty/talent is irrelevant. Who will roll over and do what they're told? That's what counts! Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      April 23, 2017 4:13 AM MDT

probably intelligent
      April 22, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

I disagree. There are pols who are dumber than mud. People elect them anyway. Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Sunday! :)
      April 23, 2017 4:14 AM MDT