Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Will Charles make a great king?

Will Charles make a great king?

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

It's quite possible that he never will be king. His mother seems determined to outlive him. Failing that, the House of Lords may refuse to ratify the succession,  because Andrew Parker-Bowles is still alive. There's precedent - Charles' grand uncle was forced to abdicate in order to marry a divorcee.
      April 29, 2017 12:07 AM MDT

• I believe you could be right.  The Duke of Windsor could have given up Wallis Simpson but decided he would rather abdicate.  Charles will never agree to that but I do suspect that if he had to choose between the throne and Camilla he may suddenly "discover" that his marriage to her was not legal since he was not married in the Church.  There seems to be a growing movement towards abolishing the monarchy, right now there's a PR campaign to get the public to accept Camilla but many people do not want Charles as King given his past behaviour

Charles taking coronation vows has given much people thought to the last time he took vows in the Church, vows he had no intention of keeping since he was still having an affair with Camilla.  All this is going to be hashed over when the Queen dies which I sincerely hope is not for a long time.  There's always the possibility that the Queen will outlive Camilla since she smokes like a chimney which would take care of the problem for Charles.

April 29, 2017 9:35 PM MDT