Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » When was the last time you had an adjustment? What kind? WHY????

When was the last time you had an adjustment? What kind? WHY????

WHY?  Was it an attitude adjustment perhaps?

Posted - July 16, 2016

Responses

A chiropractor adjusted my back last summer a few times but gave up because there was nothing she could do.

July 16, 2016 1:57 PM MDT

Chiropractors are really shitty as a rule.  Very few good ones that I have encountered. They think we are car engines.

There is PLENTY you can do.  Just don't be yanking them bones around to fix things. 

July 16, 2016 1:59 PM MDT

Yesterday I saw someone who definitely adjusted something.  And yes, I saw a purple shirt again today.

Much better than a messenger pigeon.  However you can't kiss a pigeon. 

July 16, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

I have zero idea what you are babbling about here.  But it is nice you answered anyway. 

July 16, 2016 2:06 PM MDT

Plenty? I can't find a doctor who will do surgery and that laser spine surgery isn't covered by my insurance. I don't have a spare 20K bucks.

July 16, 2016 2:07 PM MDT

• No adjustment needed, I like my attitude problem :-P

July 16, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

I had a new joint in my hand six weeks ago and am scheduled for another on Wednesday.  That's a huge adjustment...................pain is gone in left hand.  So ready to get the other one done. 

July 16, 2016 3:26 PM MDT

ditto

July 16, 2016 3:27 PM MDT

Maybe you should visit Florida.  I find the doctors here never say no.  :)

Seriously my sister suffered for many years and finally has had two surgeries.  She has her life back.  A miracle.  Don't give up.  If you think someone can help you, find him or her. 

July 16, 2016 3:28 PM MDT

I agree, Thrift.  There are great healers out there, I just have heard so many mangled care stories about chiropractors and have suffered at their hands myself.

I don't hold with jerking a person back into shape unless you are setting a bone.  That kind of therapy is often too harsh.  I do massage, and we go really DEEP when necessary and it can cause pain.  A LOT.  So I understand the therapeutic necessity up to a point.  But I find most chiropractors lose touch with how much pain is involved in what they are doing and can really HURT you unnecessarily.   One almost caused me to faint on the table.  That was uncalled for.

July 16, 2016 3:38 PM MDT

You seem fine and dandy to me for what that is worth.

July 16, 2016 3:39 PM MDT

WOW, Thrift. I have never heard of anyone getting that done.  You are bionic now.  I hope that doesn't happen to me and my hands because I need them for working on people.  Like they are a necessity.

I am so glad it is alleviating pain for you.

July 16, 2016 3:40 PM MDT

I have already replaced both knees.  The hand problem is the thumb basal joint (thumb/wrist connection).  My left one is amazing now.  They take tendon from my forearm to make the new joint area.  They said it would be 4-6 months before end of PT but I had the surgery six weeks ago and self rehabilitated and have full range of motion.  I'm still working on the strength but doctor fussed about that.  Told me to slow down on that.  Anyway, my right one will done Wednesday and I'm praying for a result as good as my left hand.  It's like a miracle to not have my hand aching and being able to pick up things again.   I had new lenses put in my eyes too (cataract surgeries).  So that's six new body parts.  I'm on my way to bionic.  :)  I'm never sick but I wear my body out...............

July 16, 2016 6:18 PM MDT

I wasn't talking surgery.  I don't know your condition.  I am so sorry this is happening to you, but there are people who won't listen and there are people who want to listen.  So, I am not shoving anything down your throat.   If you want advice, I can help maybe.  I am no magician but I would do anything first before I would succumb to surgery.  You may be right-on.  You may not be.  If you have bone deterioration, well there is nothing much to be done with that.   You can take glucosamine and chondroitin and that does wonders sometimes.   But I was talking about neck pain and frozen movement.  What say you?

July 16, 2016 6:32 PM MDT

Yes, Thrift, you do.  But you are doing very well for the wear because if you heal so nicely, you have a strong immune system as far as that goes.  That is terrific.  I totally appreciate the time you took explaining this to me.  I try and envision what people are saying about their bodies while I am on here and that subject happens to come up.   It is like free study or something. 

I also had the cataract surgery and lens implants.   I am so happy I had that done.

It is good to be able to pass on your good results as far as the thenar aspect of the hand is concerned.  That is how I learned that area.  The thenar aspect is similar to what you termed (just as correctly but another term)  the thumb-basal joint.  Interesting.  Thanks for that.  

When I hear of someone suffering from a similar malady such as yours, I will pass on your good results so far with that operation, and I'll bet the other hand will fare as well as your first hand did.  But, the doctor is so right.  TAKE it easy.  You know you wear your body down, don't be proud of that fact.  Do something about that.  Listen to your body.  It will tell you everything.  And, you don't get another one. 

July 16, 2016 6:36 PM MDT

I agree about the cataract surgery....................night and day.  I couldn't believe the difference.  It's been a few years and I still have 20/20 in both eyes.  Wonderful!

July 16, 2016 9:20 PM MDT

•  You too!  :-)

July 17, 2016 10:05 AM MDT

I might make an adjustment to stop scratching my butt and picking my nose with my right hand because it is the hand that I am supposed to eat with.

I read somewhere that should be taken as good advice.
      July 17, 2016 10:24 AM MDT

Don't shake my hand either.

July 17, 2016 10:33 AM MDT

?
      March 19, 2019 11:01 AM MDT