Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Do ya'll understand the importance of community reporting and how to report things here?

Do ya'll understand the importance of community reporting and how to report things here?

If so, please explain. Thanks. :)

Posted - April 30, 2017

Responses

I'm not a "ya'll".  Since when did you become so country?

Reported. 

:|
      April 30, 2017 3:49 PM MDT

-_- Ok, I've officially wilded.
      April 30, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

• Don't hate Randy. 
      April 30, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

She doesn't hate me, Glis. How could she?

:)
      April 30, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

You know, I am beginning to feel left out, Randy. Not once have you corrected my grammar or punctuation. I know I'm good, but I'm not THAT good.

~
      April 30, 2017 8:21 PM MDT

Are you absolutely sure?  I was under the impression that I had been there at least once or twice. 
    ~
      April 30, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

I'm absolutely sure of almost nothing. I checked my grammar journal and there's no mention of it, so I'm pretty sure you haven't.

I'm not the only one who keeps a grammar journal, am I?
      April 30, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

• Y'all come back now,hear?
      April 30, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

"My" apostrophe merely mirrors that of the original post. Careful, Winged. 

:)
      April 30, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

Yes, you go ahead and stick to the speedo and the pink cowboy hat, I'll keep the grammar policeman hat, lol. We wouldn't do too well in each other's roles. 

~
      April 30, 2017 8:41 PM MDT

• Oh Randy.

Of course you are y'all.  You are part of the contraction :)

Ain't that cool?
      April 30, 2017 7:54 PM MDT

nope,i ain't about to go out li' dat, homey. 

~
      April 30, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

• We can't be everywhere and see everything. I agree...

Y'all need to keep us abreast.

April 30, 2017 7:53 PM MDT

• Alright, alright... simmer down you sweet thang.
    Looks like I gotta put my disguise back on.
    It ain't easy being a super sexy beast
      April 30, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

•   April 30, 2017 8:18 PM MDT

I think I understand both. I'm not trying to be a suck-up, but I honestly haven't seen anything worth reporting here. By and large, people here seem to be pretty decent to one another.

After EP closed, I tried another site and didn't like it at all. I've been here for about a year, I think, and have no desire to leave. Keep up the good work! :)
      April 30, 2017 8:29 PM MDT

• I did report something, only once and recently but never received any acknowledgement or explanation.  I really would have appreciated a communication. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 30, 2017 10:38 PM MDT
      April 30, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

Do you know if the administrators addressed or took care of the problem independent of responding to you?  Perhaps they did, I do not know. 

I've only reported when I opined that certain content was inappropriate for the main page, but it was more of a "would you mind looking into this" type of thing rather than one of those "I hate you and I shall destroy you through reporting your content".  I never heard from mods directly afterwards, but then again, I never expected to either. 

I know that plenty of my posts dance atop the fence of appropriate/inappropriate. I probably get reported all the time, ¿quién sabe?

I do have to say that I have received Private Messages from a particular moderator on several occasions either informing me that a post of mine had been deleted or warning me that if I kept it up, I'd be suspended. At least 90% of the time, it had to do with one particular member, so I have every reason to believe that there's some anti-Randy whining and sniveling going on there. I, on the other hand, have never reported that person's rampant violations of the rules; I see it as a petty way to end-run on facing a detractor.  Curious to note that I've proven that member wrong time and time again, so instead of taking the mature route, that person runs to ma and pa to cry foul.  It's mysterious though how the pot can call the kettle black and hide behind the skirts of the administrators, crying, "personal attack, personal attack", while not being held accountable for doing that exact same thing to others . . . hmmmm. Can you say 'favoritism', boys and girls?

~
      May 1, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

Your closing remarks are more or less why I wrote this. There are only three of us mods and we don't see everything. Some of what gets removed is because we've seen it and some of it gets removed because it was reported. If you're out and about in the witty banter, you're probably more likely to be moderated by me, simply because those are the areas I prefer. If you're in the debates, you're probably more likely to be moderated by M2C because those are the discussions she naturally gravitates to. I am the only one at this point who actually sees reports- the mods don't. So, it's safe to say if you're getting moderation messages and they're not from me, they aren't from reports. (Unless someone actually took it upon themselves to email M2C or GJ, which I don't think is happening.) If you are getting an abundance of messages from me, there's no telling if they were reports or not- I don't want to add fuel to the fire by giving that away. Most of the time, though, it is me just seeing content in my normal use of the site.

I understand that a lot of people think that there's favoritism and biased moderation going on, and I know we have some gaps, so I can kind of see why it might look that way. At the same time, I know in my heart of hearts that we're doing our best to catch everything- it just isn't possible unless we find a way to literally review every single comment that's added to the site. That's just not in the cards right now. In order to close the gap, I'd really like people to be more proactive in reporting. You guys see things I don't. I need your eyes if I'm going to catch everything and even the scales. If you don't want to report, as many have indicated as much, so be it, but at the same time, you're effectively sealing your fate. I don't have a better way. I can't monitor more than I do. I have gone over things a thousand times over in my mind and I cannot think of any way to grab the things we are missing. I really need a community effort here.
      May 1, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

When things are reported, I don't generally send an email to the person who reported something, unless the report specifically requests it. If it was an email or "feedback," then it's a two-way communication, and I will say something back. But, I do know what you're referencing and will send you an email on it momentarily. 
      May 1, 2017 7:29 PM MDT

To Whom it May Concern... Ladies and Gentlemen... Guys and Gals... Lads and Lassies, Y'all Gather Round~

There are many different types of reports.  I am familiar with a few.

Image result for funny quotes about reports

But, with those report cards being in the distant past, I am glad to report I have learned.....

So, I decided to try this approach and am happy to report that a lot of this

Related image
    and this:

Image result for quotes about societies communicating
    will make your reports much more understandable, especially to yourself.  Having to tattle or tell on someone is a very hard place to be.  I haven't felt the need to on this site.  Sometimes when things get a little out of control, I go play the games on this site.  Hangman, fishing and the wild taxi ride are my favorites.  I've yet to find anyone's behavior so overwhelmingly out of line, that I need to let anyone else know.  I hope I am right in feeling we are all adults and if we don't care to participate in a conversation, no one is forcing us to.  We all have the power to walk away and come back at another time. 
    In conclusion, I am happy to report:

This post was edited by Merlin at May 1, 2017 7:26 PM MDT
      April 30, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

yes, but i havent had a reason to report yet
      May 1, 2017 3:25 PM MDT