Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Did you ever miss an episode of Three's Company?

Did you ever miss an episode of Three's Company?

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

Quite the opposite; even though I was around when it aired as a first-run sitcom, I was never interested in it and therefore I never saw a single episode in its entirety.*  When it went to re-runs, I still wasn't interested.  

*I've seen a few scenes from time to time, but not whole episodes.  The gay Don Knotts character didn't appeal to me, nor did the husband-not-into-sex-with-his-wife Norman Fell character.  Even John Ritter played a boringly implausible character for my erudite tastes. (yes, yes, I know it's just a silly sitcom).

~
      May 6, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

Wait, what?  You told her?  You actually told her?  Dude, you ratted me out, you threw me under the bus, you betrayed our friendship!

~

May 6, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

Ok, this is getting just plain ridiculous, you're really diming me out, dude.  Is there anyone you haven't told yet?

:|
      May 6, 2017 9:02 PM MDT

Actually, that one is ok: she probably doesn't understand what's going on anyway. 

~
      May 7, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

(its day)

May 6, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

LOL!

Dude, I can't BE around people who write like that!

~
      May 6, 2017 8:42 PM MDT

It sounds like a good idea. Randy will love it.
    Actually I liked just about any show that was on then I was a boy and we had three channels, not including PBS.

It's a good show. It's a good show. It's a good show!

I'm going to run from Randy now!
      May 7, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

There was a time years ago where I never missed an episode. Janet was so HOT!!!
      May 6, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

every one of them...lol
      May 6, 2017 8:50 PM MDT

Come and knock on our door... (Come and knock on our door)
    We've been waiting for you.... (We've been waiting for you)
    Where the kisses are hers and hers and his, 
    Three's company too. 

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/threescompanylyrics.html

No. I don't think I have.  In fact, I think I've seen the re-runs at least 3 times!  It is unfortunate about John Ritter.  He doesn't know how much he actually played in a small part of our lives. This post was edited by Merlin at May 7, 2017 9:35 AM MDT
      May 6, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

• "Sure" ... especially after Chrissy left the series. 
    There was a Ritter that I liked, but it wasn't John.

May 6, 2017 10:57 PM MDT

Ahhh Yesss dear Alf~ A good choice!  He is one to be remembered.
    The other Ritter, John Ritter, died of an aneurysm on the set, so I heard.  What a way to go.  This Ritter is a definite keeper too! ;) :)  
      May 6, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

• Father & son ... yet so different.
      May 7, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

• I don't like it. Everyone is dead and it makes feel yucky

May 7, 2017 12:01 AM MDT

Wait, Suzanne Somers died?
      May 7, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

Good Morning Weylon ~ No, John Ritter died.  Suzanne Somers is actually a great speaker about nutrition and well-being.  She is an advocate about not drinking out of plastic and eating protein. Under that bleach blonde hair, she has a great heart.  
      May 7, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

Thank you Merlin, this is nice to see someone else knows her. I actually looked her up a few moments ago. She is 70 years old. I read her book Forever Young. She gets a lot of flack from the mainstream medical community but she is a long term breast cancer survivor, so I assume she is doing something right. She is the reason I try and avoid decaf coffee entirely, she advocates a couple companies that sell it that is supposedly done through a safer process but I don't care for decaf anyway.

The chemo and/or radiation also destroyed her ability to produce HCL so she has to supplement now. She does indeed have a great heart. She is a highly intelligent woman. The role she played on Three's Company doesn't portray that. I saw her in a cameo appearance on the Rockford Files a few months back.
      May 7, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

Right On Weylon!!!  I know.  I pre-judged her initially. She played her character well.  But, she really does look absolutely outrageous for 70.  She is about taking care of your body and really has enthusiasm about life.  YeAAAAA for you in seeing through the ditzy blonde she plays.  She really is a "real" person underneath her given blonde facade.  You and I are blonde.  We are smart.  We can appreciate the stereotype we sometimes get put into as well and I live about 10 minutes from Hollywood Blvd.  I hear it a lot. That is why I rarely let people in.  They stereotype me and not really hear that I might have a brain.  You're awesome.  Have a great Sunday! Hugs and love, Merlin
      May 7, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

• She's not dead?! Damn! I sent flowers and everything
      May 7, 2017 6:21 PM MDT

A finely tuned and well-mannered goat you are Judas.  It is always nice to get flowers for any occasion... She may have accepted them as a symbol of "enjoying life on Earth" rather than departing it.  
    I hope all is well at the homestead.  Have a great Sunday and stay your awesome self.  Hugs to both you and your partner.  Love, Merlin This post was edited by Merlin at May 7, 2017 9:14 PM MDT
      May 7, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

I saw a few, I liked them;))
      May 7, 2017 12:19 AM MDT

As you should Veena.
      May 7, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

I missed all of them. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at May 7, 2017 9:52 AM MDT
      May 7, 2017 2:58 AM MDT