Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » why did i get a call on my tracfone from a jail in nyc last night?

why did i get a call on my tracfone from a jail in nyc last night?

I dont know anyone in jail there, i knew it was from there cause the number that showed up , the area code was from nyc, i used to live there. it was a collect call and said if i didnt want to accept to hang up so i did but why would i get a call like that and how did they get my number, has anyone ever have this happen to them? any ideas? it was weird

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

Maybe you have the number of the old mob boss.
      May 7, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

((((Maybe she IS the old mob boss!  Shhhhhhhh))))
    ~
      May 7, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

• Perhaps a misdialed number.
      May 7, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

Someone could have also been masking their number to play a prank on you. Did you answer?
      May 7, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

yes but when it said if i didnt want to accept to just hang up so i did
      May 7, 2017 4:30 PM MDT

Ok, ok, you caught me. It was the Capitalization-Abuse Investigation Squad in New York of the Grammar Police Force.  I'm low on my quota this month, and as much as I tried to avoid doing it, in order to keep the captain off my back, I simply had to give them your name about a week ago. Ordinarily, I would never do anything like this to you, Pearl, but you've got to understand the pressure I'm under!  Just issuing routine citations and responding to citizens' calls aren't enough to keep my numbers up! The captain has division breathing down her neck, so she turns around and looks for one of us!

The boys at "Cap Squad" said they'd go easy on you, so I swear I didn't know they'd tap into your phone!  I'll speak with them, ok, Pearl?  I'll make this right. I'll tell them that you and I go way back, that I've known you since the Almagordo Case, that you're ok!  Say it's ok, Pearl, say you're not angry with me!  Give me a chance to square things, would you?  Well don't just sit there all quiet, SAY SOMETHING, Pearl, talk to me!  Pearl?  PEARL?

~
      May 7, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

And so.... We are dying to know... Randy D, did you cite her for not capitalizing her "I's?"  Did you leave her wondering and worrying??  I hope she didn't run away.  We all care for her and wish we could give her a job she enjoys.  Randy, I must ask, what did the Capitalization-Abuse Investigation Squad do in New York City to our little Pearl?
      May 8, 2017 11:22 PM MDT

"Cap Squad" is largely a surveillance unit; they're probably just monitoring her moves.  I'm guessing some rookie hit the wrong button on their wire-tapping equipment and dialed her number by mistake.  I feel like a heel for rolling over on her like that. 

:|
      May 9, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

No worries sweet Randy D~  She knows it is an infliction you can't control.  She is stronger than you know.  It's like an architect that just can't stop picking at a bathroom on the second floor.  You just can't help yourself.  It truly drives you crazy when people aren't accurate.  We know you jump over the cracks in the pavement, as to not break your mother's back and have an absolute frenzy when we have spilt a cup of coffee.  Heck, we even know you don't glow unless you read a rhythm that flows.
    It's o.k. Randy.  We get it.
    Hugs and good vibes always to you.  Keep On Being Randy D... The cool YOU!!  And Pearl will keep on Being her cool self whom I feel sorry for because for some reason, she doesn't feel she is big enough to stand with a capital "I."   We know she is.  She needs to know she is.  

May 9, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

This is an uncannily accurate analysis of me, Merle . . . hey, wait a minute, are you WATCHING me??? 

~
      May 9, 2017 11:13 PM MDT

May 10, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

And Don't you forget it!!!  Big huge snickers and giggles
      May 10, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

They dialed a wrong number.
      May 10, 2017 12:15 AM MDT