Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per Trump in a speech at Liberty University. "In America we don't worship government. We worship God". Also MAMMON. Right?

Per Trump in a speech at Liberty University. "In America we don't worship government. We worship God". Also MAMMON. Right?

Posted - May 13, 2017

Responses

Hi Rosie:

Huh? What's MAMMON? Is that even a word?
      May 13, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

material wealth considered a demon
      May 13, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

Thanks. But how funny, America is built partly on material wealth and the pursuit thereof.
      May 13, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

No; not right.  You may speak for yourself only.
      May 13, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

So no one in America worships money then except as you imply me? Really? I see. No one worships riches and material wealth above ALL ELSE? Capitalism is a selfless system of kind people who care about others. Making money is not important. I see. Thank you for your reply. I totally disagree with thee. Completely. Absolutely. Different strokes.
      May 14, 2017 4:32 AM MDT

Try again.  I implied nothing about you. 
      May 14, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

Hello dear rosie, I think you'lll find the following very interesting:
    Mammon. The original-language term mamonas'(or, its anglicized former "mammon") is generally understood to denote money or riches. (Matthew 6:24; lukewarm 16:9,11,13)there is no evidence that the expression was ever the name of a specific deity. Jesus used the term when showing that a person cannot be a slave to God if Riches is his master.(Matthew 6:24)he urged his hearers: "make friends for yourselves by means of the unrighteous riches, so that, when such fail, they may receive you into the everlasting dwelling places. (Luke16:9)since the possession or desire for material riches can lead to lawless acts, they may for this reason have been "designated as "unrighteous riches," in contrast with spiritual riches. Also, material, particularly money, actually belong to and are under the control of "caesar," who issues money and assigns a particular value to it. Such riches are transitory, and loss may be experienced as a result of economic conditions or other circumstances. Hence, the person having such riches should not put his trust in them, nor should he use them as the world in general does for selfish purposes, such as the amassing of still greater wealth. (1corinthians 7:31)rather, he should be alert and diligent to make friends of the possessors of the everlasting dwelling places. 
    The possessors of "the everlasting dwelling places" are Jehovah God and his Son Christ Jesus. (Compare John 6:37-40,44)persons who do not use their "unrighteous riches" in a proper way  (as in assisting those in need and in furrthering "the good news"; (galatians 2:10; philippians 4:15)could never be friends of God and his Son. Their unfaithfulness in the use of unrighteous riches would show that they are unfit to be entrusted with spiritual riches. (Lukewarm 16:10-12). Such persons could never be fine stewards of God's undeserved kindness, dispensing spiritual riches to others. 1peter 4:10,11. :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at May 15, 2017 3:12 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 12:21 AM MDT

Hi Autumn! Thank you for once again taking the time to respond with such a spot-on thoughtful, informative and comprehensive reply to my question. I wonder what the world would be like if money were not coveted/prized by so many? Might that be what Paradise is like? People caring about other people. Helping those in need. Being humble and kind? Instead of taking advantage of others and pushing them aside so they can get ahead faster? It boggles my mind.Do you remember the artist Norman Rockwell? Years ago he was famous for his Saturday Evening Post magazine covers. What they represented/depicted were ordinary people who always seemed so sweet and loving and innocent and drew you in. You wanted to join them. Look at covers of magazines today. I have lost count how many times Donald Trump has been on the cover of TIME magazine. I think the Saturday Evening Post is long-since out of business. SIGH. I know. Patience. A better time is ahead. I think "when oh Lord? When?" Happy Monday my friend! :) ((hugs))        
      May 15, 2017 3:19 AM MDT

not sure
      May 14, 2017 5:55 PM MDT