Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » If Quentin Tarantino had not made it in the entertainment business, can you imagine if he worked in the cubicle next to yours?

If Quentin Tarantino had not made it in the entertainment business, can you imagine if he worked in the cubicle next to yours?

~

Posted - May 14, 2017

Responses

I'd have to either quit or kill him immediately. 
      May 14, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

Lol!

"Say, listen to this, Ansley, did I ever tell you that I wanted to be a big Hollywood screenwriter or director?  No, it's true, I had all these ideas for movies and I even wrote some scripts and sent them in. They got rejected, but that's normal; lots of people who finally make it had a hard time at the beginning. My stuff's really good, too. I'm going to make it one day, you'll see. You can tell people you knew me. I'll tell you what, I happen to have a couple of my manuscripts right here, you can read them over during lunch breaks if you like. Or I can just tell you about them. Maybe that would be better, yeah, I think that's what I'll do. Do you like martial arts, counter-culture themes, 1970s exploitation films, foreign languages, drug-use, crime, far-out weaponry, racial tension, oldies music, lots of sex, nudity, profanity and especially lots of blood, gore and violence?  What?  No, those aren't separate themes in various manuscripts, that's the breakdown of content in each of my scripts, silly. Ok, so imagine that you're  . . . how's that?  The quarterly reports?  Oh, we've got plenty of time to work on those. I can whip out reports in no time. Now where was I?  Oh, yes, I was telling you how I really don't belong here, I truly should be in Hollywood, or maybe even New York, or Chicago.  Hong Kong would be good, too. Anywhere in the movie business. I'm not sure that the industry is ready for me yet, that's probably what it is. Say, if you skip lunch altogether, you can get through most of the first 200 or 300 pages of the first script, then tell me what you think later. I'll give you one of the smaller ones, it's only 1,864 pages long, so you can go through it in a day, two days at the most.  Say, Ansley, are you paying attention?  Oh, I thought you went back to that spreadsheet you're working on. Hey, let me ask you about Han Li over in accounting.  Is she single?  Does she go out with white guys?  Some Asian ladies do, you know. Oh, married huh?  Ok, what about Vivian in the executive office?  Is she one of those black ladies who likes white guys?  I'm thinking of asking her to lunch at that diner around the corner.  I'm really into that. Don't they keep anything to drink around here?  About the cool music I play here in my cube, I've got lots of it and you can borrow it any time. Most of it's on cassettes, but a few samples are reel-to-reel.  I had some 8-track tapes, but they got messed up. Do you own any guns? What supervisor?  Oh, him?  I'm not worried about him, I found this trained monkey's job, I can always find another one. Hell, even an untrained monkey could do this mindless prattle. So about the movies I write, do you know anything about antidisestablishmentarianism? There's this one whole chapter in the one I'm going to give to, it starts one page 118, oh, I forgot to tell you how I got inspired to name each of the chapters . . . "

~
      May 14, 2017 9:48 PM MDT

Glad you like blood, gore and violence, Quentin. 

P.S. - Vivian is DWTS
      May 14, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

(Dancing with the stars?)

I don't get it. 

:|
      May 14, 2017 10:04 PM MDT

For real? 

Down with the swirl. (Think ice cream)

May 14, 2017 10:14 PM MDT

I wish you the best. i just don't know if best is Hollywood. I'm not a fan of it right now.
      May 14, 2017 10:05 PM MDT