Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What kind of security do we have at the NSA? First Snowden and now this!

What kind of security do we have at the NSA? First Snowden and now this!

Are they helping us or our enemies?

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

Everyone has heard the term "military-industrial complex", though I doubt many realize just how big it has become.  There is now a "cyber-intelligence industrial complex" that few are aware of.  Corporations and those retiring from government positions are now profiting as our intelligence agencies are outsourcing.  I am linking a rather lengthy article, it is well worth the read, though, as it explains how those leaving government service start or go to work for companies that contract with the NSA and other agencies.  As much as 70% of our intelligence work may now be contracted out.  These people keep their security clearances and use them for profit with zero accountability.  

https://www.thenation.com/article/how-private-contractors-have-created-shadow-nsa/
      May 15, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

Not at all surprising to hear.  Pretty much like Blackwater operated in Iraq and Afghanistan.
      May 15, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

And CACI, KBR, Halliburton, Aegis...

The ones at the link, though, are just intelligence.  Chertoff started a company, many others from the whole range of alphabets are doing this now.  But hey...what could possibly go wrong?

May 15, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

Exactly!  What could possibly go wrong?
      May 15, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

A link? Oh, oh :(
      May 15, 2017 8:57 AM MDT

;)
      May 15, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

dont sound like they have good security from what youre saying
      May 15, 2017 1:53 PM MDT