Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Is the joy of loving someone worth the pain of losing him/her? Why?

Is the joy of loving someone worth the pain of losing him/her? Why?

Posted - May 16, 2017

Responses

Oh, yes. because "the point is to live everything.*" :)

*rilke.

...on a side note, I do think both ends should sign a contract, like in 50 shades of grey I guess, where they both acknowledge the very real possibility of hurting each other and how they're okay with that. This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at May 17, 2017 3:35 AM MDT
      May 16, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

I'm not a contracts person when it comes to emotional things nL. Like a pre-nuptual contract for instance. I guess  I'm a romantic. If I were a realist I probably would think that would be a nifty idea. But it is setting up protection against a worst-case ending and that makes the worst-case ending alive and on the table. I believe what you focus on you bring into your life. So if you focus on a relationship ending rather than the relationship itself it isn't going to end well. I expect contracts are essential for those with zillions of dollars that they want to protect. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. You undoubtedly have a better handle on the financial realities of relationships that I do.  I'm not sure that emotions can be controlled/contained by contracts though!:)
      May 17, 2017 3:40 AM MDT

oh, believe me I don't lol.
    it was a joke, I don't think I'd ever sign such a contract, cause I agree with you, it's more about living the experience than thinking about how it's gonna end. the idea of such contract, wouldn't be a real a contract btw, is simply to realize the possibility so no one gets hurt... in reality, we all know that will never be the case, someone always ends up hurt, that's just life.
      May 18, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

Exactly right m'dear! Truer words were never spoken. "...someone always ends up hurt, that's just life." Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday nL! :)
      May 19, 2017 3:02 AM MDT

i think so cause its better to have had the experience than not have it
      May 16, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Wednesday! :)
      May 17, 2017 3:41 AM MDT