Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Without a highlighted alert, how can I know upon signing in that my question has been answered, or my reply has been commented upon? Do I need to search through every question and answer to find out?

Without a highlighted alert, how can I know upon signing in that my question has been answered, or my reply has been commented upon? Do I need to search through every question and answer to find out?

Posted - July 17, 2016

Responses

Hover over the "Home" link at the top of most pages.  Then go down to "Recent Activity."  That will show every question on which you asked/answered/or commented.  It will show the last person to post on that question.  If it is someone besides you, you click on it and check to see if your own answer/reply was addressed. 

July 17, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

I receive notifications of answers in my email.  That is probably in your settings.

July 17, 2016 2:09 PM MDT

What ThriftyMaid and SpunkySenior said is correct. Those are your two main options now. In a couple of weeks, the site will be refreshed and the updates include on-site notifications. 

July 17, 2016 3:43 PM MDT

That will be great because since last week, I haven't been able to access any notifications from my email at work.  Had trouble accessing the site itself and when I managed to get on the questions page, all I could see were two questions and was unable to go to "next."

July 17, 2016 5:19 PM MDT

I'm sorry. I haven't had any other new issues reported, so I'm not sure what's happening with your access. It does sound like a local issue, though. 

We have a super awesome developer working on fixing the glitches on the new site, getting it ready for the launch, but I keep finding more things for him to fix. He told me he'd be done with my list at the end of last week and then I added 20 more things to the list that I needed fixed. I want to be 100% sure that when we release the new version, it's flawless. We already have a site that can be a pain in the butt, so there's no benefit to switching until we get the redesign perfect. 

July 17, 2016 5:34 PM MDT

Go to "my page". What people post will show up right on your page. For questions you answer click onto your answer as it appears on your page also. It will take you right to your response.
      July 17, 2016 5:42 PM MDT

Understood.  This is something that has just recently cropped up.  I've not had this problem ever before.  It's a bit frustrating, but I'm willing to see what the new updates bring.  Thanks.

July 17, 2016 6:30 PM MDT

For those of us who are or were more accustomed to another now-defunct Q&A website, the system(s) here can be a bit difficult to navigate. I too miss the instant alerts that showed right away what activity had taken place since my lady log-on.

As others have suggested, you may want to rely on email notification; personally, I find that daunting mainly due to the volume of traffic I generate and initiate here. I turned off all email notifications on day one for that very reason. The choice is yours.

Once the new and improved AM rolls off of the production line, it appears that better options will be available.

~
      July 17, 2016 8:45 PM MDT