Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you reply to questions with an arm's length aloof distanced response or do you relate to some aspect of the question and personalize it?

Do you reply to questions with an arm's length aloof distanced response or do you relate to some aspect of the question and personalize it?

Posted - May 16, 2017

Responses

I try both approaches. If it's a personal question that I can relate to and feel comfortable enough sharing some of my experiences in order to help the asker in some way, then I will. I don't usually get too personal, though, it's always personal to a degree and I prefer it that way. 
      May 16, 2017 1:05 PM MDT

I put all of me in everything I do nL or I'm not interested and ignore it. I have strong opinions, likes and dislikes and I don't mind sharing them. I'm sure you've figured that out by now. I'm either in or out. You either have all my attention or I tune you out. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      May 17, 2017 2:55 AM MDT

Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes something else.
      May 16, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't a Monty Python fan JakobA. However I did see one Monty Python long ago that totally cracked me up. This guy is dueling and he keeps losing appendages. Pretty soon all there is left is torso and head. You probably know which movie that would be. It was hysterically funny though of course in a very dark way. Thank you for your reply and the video and Happy Wednesday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 17, 2017 2:52 AM MDT
      May 17, 2017 2:51 AM MDT

depends on what the question is
      May 16, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

Way too  open ended a question, anybody who answers this one honestly will say it depends on the question, as do I. Some questions are obviously jokes, I respond in kind. Some leave themselves open to a wisecrack, I usually can't help myself. Deep and meaningful, I give a thoughtful response. Political, I vent my spleen on the powers that be, or sometimes on the idiots that support them.
      May 16, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

I can answer that question without falling back upon "it depends".  I am never aloof or arm-s length if I choose to engage Sbf. I always put all of me in everything or I ignore it. I expect there are others in the world who are like that too. I don't fancy myself special or unique or one-of-a-kind. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.
      May 17, 2017 2:48 AM MDT

• It needs to be really close in front of my face, over to one side, because I'm blind in one eye (and no not telling you which one, lest you try and poke me in the good one and then I'll need a white cane), so I can see it properly. Then I answer in a ridiculous fashion, because I was once told I don't need to be smart if I'm cute. I'm cute.

Get it?
      May 16, 2017 8:32 PM MDT

You assume I would poke you in your good eye. Why? I don't know you and you don't know me. Why assume the worst about me automatically? I see with both eyes. I shall take your word for it that you are cute. You might be a liar or truth teller. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you won't give me. One caveat. It has been my experience that folks who brag about how smart they are aren't. That could apply to "cute" as well but as I said I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. You say you're cute. I say that I say what I think no holds barred.  Are we both telling the truth, both lying or is one of us a truth teller and the other one not? Thank you for your reply TA and Happy Wednesday. This post was edited by RosieG at May 17, 2017 2:41 AM MDT
      May 17, 2017 2:39 AM MDT

leg's length
      May 16, 2017 9:59 PM MDT

Are your legs long or short? Thank you for your reply O and Happy Wednesday! :)
      May 17, 2017 2:42 AM MDT

• It is completely depended on if I got a good toy in my happy meal that day. 
      May 16, 2017 10:22 PM MDT

All Happy Meal toys are "good". So you must be a delightful person. You may not be too healthy though if you subsist on daily Happy Meals however. Your choice. Thank you for your reply Jaimie and Happy Wednesday.
      May 17, 2017 2:44 AM MDT

• That's nice.
      May 19, 2017 6:40 PM MDT