Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's the best advice you've ever given to anyone and it actually worked out?

What's the best advice you've ever given to anyone and it actually worked out?

Posted - May 19, 2017

Responses

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” ~Edgar Allan Poe
      May 19, 2017 1:36 PM MDT

i give good advice to kids on yahoo answers when they ask questions in the family section, especially about abuse stuff and i know i give good advice cause theyre always picking me for best answers
      May 19, 2017 3:22 PM MDT

• I've  learned not to give advice. You know I hate when people give me advice cos you know me from other site  :)( I've mellowed out allot since those days :p) The only advice I ever give is ..never make eye contact while eating a banana ..and if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. The rest people can suss out on their own.
     https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Mn6V1IzHw
      May 19, 2017 8:13 PM MDT

Never go five miles over the speed limit.
      May 19, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

The green wire.  No, wait a second, wait a second; the yellow wire.  No, no, no, no; it's the green wire, I'm positive.  STOP!  It's neither one of those, it's the blue wire that has a white stripe along it length-wise.  Yes, I'm 100% sure of it this ti . . . hold on, go back to the yellow wire again.  That's right, the yellow one.  Of course this isn't my first time doing this!  How dare you even . . . Huh?  What do you mean there's a red one?  There wasn't anything in the training manual about any red one.  Although . . . . hmmmm.  If it's solid red with no other markings on it, then it might be the right one.  Not so fast!  Is the green one really dark green, or is it more of a teal green?  That sounds more like it.  We'll go with the teal green one.  What do you mean you really don't know what teal green is?  Fine, forget about the green altogether; it probably wasn't correct anyway.   What?  No, it's just that they throw in all sorts of false wires to trick you.  Concentrate on the yellow one, and remember, there's not much time left here.  How's that?  Why are you arguing with me?  Who's the expert here anyway?  I AM NOT RAISING MY VOICE, IF ANYONE IS RAISING THEIR VOICE, IT'S YOU!  Ok, everyone calm down now, cool off.  Now get ready with the one that I told you.  On the count of three.  One, two . . . keep your shirt on, you want this to go smoothly, don't you?  Ok, just trust me, that's all  you have to do.  You know what?  Don't do anything at all just yet, give me a minute here, let me get about 50 more feet away before you do it.  There, that's much, much better.  Now where were we?  Oh, yes, the red one, right?  No?  Well, then you tell me which one did I last say, smarty-pants?  I did?  Are you sure?  There's no way that could be right.  Describe for me the white stripe on the blue wire.  Is it a thick solid white stripe, or is it more of a dotted line?  No, I cannot hear the ticking noises from way over here, 'fraidy-cat, I'm much too far away.  We're back to arguing, is that it?  Say what?  Why, the green one, of course.  I told you that from the beginning.  Duh!

~
      May 20, 2017 12:30 AM MDT