Discussion » Questions » Communication » How can your experience on AM construct a broader world perspective and a richer life?

How can your experience on AM construct a broader world perspective and a richer life?

Why are you here, and what are you getting out of this? (Thanks, stiltcourt, for inspiring this Q.) 

Posted - July 17, 2016

Responses

1. I don't think there are people here who can give us a broader world prospective, unless we know where they are from. Different world views require people from different parts of the globe.

Most people here are from the U.S., the U.K, and Canada. This is great, but I think some that have different world views should be included.

Then we should have different categories to encourage conversations on international ideas, as traditions, governments, trade, languages. We should have a language translator.

Example: On Twitter, I follow the Chinese artist Ai Weiwei. He posts his photographs from different parts of the world. People that follow him are from around the world. We talk to each other. Then he sometimes talks to us.

Then in Instagram, I follow foreign museums. German, British, Dubai, Spain, etc. People there translate for you. Some language is in Arabic. Some in Chinese.

Now, there, I feel like I get different world views.

Here, you post photos and no one says one thing about them. Some do, but not many. People here need to be more out-going, more friendly.
      July 17, 2016 2:55 PM MDT

I think so. We do have people here from every corner of the world, but it's not just that. We have people from every imaginable, race, gender, religion, and background, too. Even if I disagree with someone, I still learn why they think and behave the way they do.

July 17, 2016 3:14 PM MDT

I got used to be answering questions of people on EP, so I continue my hobby here.

July 17, 2016 6:00 PM MDT

It can't.  But it will give you the opportunity to hear a lot of stupid political dialogue. 

Seriously your experience is up to you; it is what you make it in other words.

July 17, 2016 6:04 PM MDT

• Just be you. :) Don't ever stop your love for writing. You're doing it for yourself and not for anybody else.

If you made it through EP, you can make it through any social media site.

July 21, 2016 1:22 AM MDT

Answer my questions and read my answers.   I'm pretty good.   And I'll do the same for you.  It's called an exchange.

July 21, 2016 1:26 AM MDT

•   July 23, 2016 11:40 PM MDT

July 24, 2016 12:01 AM MDT

Well, you can laugh all you want to.  But remember:

WE HAS

DELIVERING THE TRUTH

July 24, 2016 12:20 AM MDT

Marg, it's not that the pics are not great, it is the way the site is constructed. 

It's over on the side, no one really notices and then IT'S GONE.

I posted 700 pics and I don't remember you commenting on any of them.

You should be more friendly.

July 24, 2016 12:36 AM MDT