Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are women often seen with beta-men to attract REAL men they want?

Are women often seen with beta-men to attract REAL men they want?

Sometimes referred to as "hen picked". If you see a woman with a man it is often to make her more desirable to YOU. So do not be dismayed. Just some free dating advice ;)

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

Oh I like that.  There are so many women who were trying to get MY attention and I didn't even know it.  Seriously, I think that advice may have helped years ago.
      May 20, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

Still applies. Truth is universal and all encompassing :)
      May 20, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

Sometimes it's not a lure but a distraction. When I first met my wife, she was dating a dweeb as protective colouration while she put her life back together after a particularly messy breakup. A visible bf was to keep the wolves away, but she told me later that when we met she was already planning to dump him as he bored her.
      May 20, 2017 10:08 PM MDT

I told you. Tis something other than what it seems.
      May 20, 2017 10:11 PM MDT

• Guys who call themselves alpha men are invariably the kind of people who I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole unless said pole was especially pointy.
      May 20, 2017 11:43 PM MDT

I kinda thought you were married. Didnt you leave the dating scene behind a long time ago ?

Though I guess it could explain Melanie and The Donald. He proper Alfpha knight failed to appear and rescue her so she had to stick with him. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at May 21, 2017 3:50 AM MDT
      May 21, 2017 3:45 AM MDT

• I think that's quite possible. Women want a man that keeps them guessing and wondering. They want a man that goes against the grain now and then. Above all they want a man that's strong and is capable of protecting and providing. So yes, sometimes they'll go along for the ride while shopping for the one that really meets their needs.
      May 21, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

• I have literally never heard a woman say anything that would indicate that in my entire life. Pretty certain that's just something men tell each other for god knows what reason
      July 31, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

Waitin', watchin' the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop
    Tell him, take no more, she practices her speech
    As he opens the door, she rolls over
    Pretends to sleep as he looks her over

She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man
    She dreams in colour, she dreams in red, can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Oh

Talkin' to herself, there's no one else who needs to know
    She tells herself, oh
    Memories back when she was bold and strong
    And waiting for the world to come along
    Swears she knew it, now she swears he's gone

She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man
    She lies and says she still loves him, can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Yeah

She loved him, yeah, she don't want to leave this way
    She feeds him, yeah, that's why she'll be back again

Can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man
    Can't find a better man

Song Discussions is protected by U.S. Patent 9401941. Other patents pending.

Play "Better Man"
    on Amazon Music

Read more: Pearl Jam - Better Man Lyrics | MetroLyrics This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 31, 2017 9:41 AM MDT
      July 31, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

I don't know because IRL I've never seen a woman with anybody who classes people by Greek letters and if I were still single I wouldn't want to date one of those guys either.  

My husband, my dad and all the other men who are married that I know never talked that way but the one guy I did know who talked about Greek letters in front of the word male was a single guy who has never been married lol.  

He did dispense a lot of dating advice in online forums but IRL none of the married men took anything he said seriously and usually just ignored him because yeah, I guess that would kind of be like a poor person giving people advice on how to become rich.  

July 31, 2017 9:55 AM MDT