Discussion » Questions » Legal » Where is the outrage when the government discriminate against atheists ?

Where is the outrage when the government discriminate against atheists ?

A county judge in Kentucky refuses to marry atheists.

In a violation of the U.S. Constitution, Trigg County Judge Hollis Alexander refused to marry a couple because they were atheists requesting a secular ceremony.

Judge Alexander refused to marry Mandy Heath and her fiance because they are both non-religious, and they didn’t want any mention of God in their secular marriage ceremony.

When Heath went to file the necessary paperwork at the local courthouse on the day before their wedding, Judge Alexander explained that he would not perform the legal ceremony because of  his sincerely held religious beliefs.

In attempting to justify why he was refusing to perform his legal duty and honor the request for a simple, secular wedding, Judge Alexander declared.

I will be unable to perform your wedding ceremony… I include God in my ceremonies and I won’t do one without.

Unbelievable  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the procedure when a Judge refuses to obey the constitution ????????

Posted - July 17, 2016

Responses

• Atheists are still the most hated demographic in the country, so it doesn't surprise me that people don't care. 

July 17, 2016 10:43 PM MDT

He can't serve if he cannot separate state and church.
      July 17, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

• He can be reprimanded,admonished,censure,suspend,or

removed from bench.There's another judge in TX citing

religious beliefs for refusing to marry a gay couple.Bottom

line,the oath of office,and the Constitution supersede any

religious convictions.

July 18, 2016 2:59 AM MDT

• LOL!

July 18, 2016 12:18 PM MDT

Then go somewhere else and get married besides PODUNK hick town where Christ lost his shoe.

July 18, 2016 12:20 PM MDT

July 18, 2016 12:22 PM MDT

July 18, 2016 12:22 PM MDT

There are many other people to marry them.  Any judge or justice of the peace can do it.  I can marry them, send them over.

The judge has a right and the couple has a right to marry.  Why force the judge to go against his conscience when there are many other avenues to a wedding, other than to agitate? 

The goal here is to agitate.  The procedure is go somewhere else. 

July 18, 2016 12:59 PM MDT

Excuse me, but isn´t it his job to protect and honor the constitution ???????????????????

Read the first amendment, The constitution is not only for those who want to shoot everything that moves, it has other amendments.

July 18, 2016 11:54 PM MDT

So by that you mean, that state and judge are not ruled by the same constitution that everyone else has to obey in the USA  ?

Strange way of thinking you people have.

July 18, 2016 11:55 PM MDT

July 18, 2016 11:56 PM MDT

Exactly

July 18, 2016 11:56 PM MDT

Very sad.  In that aspect those bigots behave exactly  like the ones they claim to hate in other religions.

July 18, 2016 11:57 PM MDT
  • D&D

I'M OUTRAGED.

I'm going to open the gates and let all the militant atheists in. All of you will be bombed with logic and rationale.

July 19, 2016 12:09 AM MDT