Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » If you get those story/ads on AnswerMug, do you ever zip through the story without reading it just to get to the picture that grabbed you?

If you get those story/ads on AnswerMug, do you ever zip through the story without reading it just to get to the picture that grabbed you?

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

• I'm not sure I understand your question..... But I get allot of adds about finding singles in my area and taking surveys for people under 40... And an ad about former stars from the show " facts of life"  now I'm thinking about why I get the ads I do... i don't like thinking :)
      May 25, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

You get dating ads here? I blocked those on a site level. :/ If you are, please grab me a screen shot, so I can get them removed.
      May 25, 2017 10:16 PM MDT

• I do get dating ads here at bottom of screen. And for the town I live in
    . Says " looking  for singles in " my city" , click here" I can't take a screen shot because my home button is broken on my iPhone. Hope that makes sense to you. I will when I get new phone ... I'm cheap as :)
      May 25, 2017 10:23 PM MDT

Yes- that's a google ad, but dating ads should be banned. That means that particular advertiser is hiding what they are to Google. Can you tell who the company is or any other details I might be able to use to identify them?
      May 26, 2017 3:21 PM MDT

I'll keep an eye out, too.
      May 26, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

• It's an ad for match.com. 
      May 27, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

Thanks. I went through and blocked them by name. I don't know how long it takes for Google to remove them from the ok list (all dating ads were supposed to be blocked already), but I think it should only be a matter of hours before it stops appearing. If it continues, please let me know.
      May 27, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

• Will do :) the only reason I took notice of it is because its specific to the town I live in. Google's creepy sometimes.
      May 27, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

This image I posted was a story and it showed this guy's picture. I clicked on it to find the photo in the story, too. There was a long story, about 20 pages, with each page taking a while to load -- I just skipped through it all as fast as I could just to find this image again of this handsome guy again.
    :)
      May 26, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

Me, too.
    (or a handsome guy in a uniform)

May 26, 2017 7:00 AM MDT

This image in my question was the "Lure-Me-In" image to a long story about the Cuban Missile Crisis during the Cold Wart. (Wart!! HA!! LOL!! I meant "Cold War!") This guy, I guess, was a hero -- I didn't read the story -- just flipped through the pages as fast as possible to get to this image, just so I could "copy" this handsome guy! The initial image did not allow me to "copy him."
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 26, 2017 4:31 PM MDT
      May 26, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

Yeah, I do. It makes me mad when it's long, like a slideshow of 40. I get impatient and change the address bar and try to count backwards a lot, expecting it to be at the end.
      May 25, 2017 10:17 PM MDT

I'm not savvy enough to try to get to the end like that! Ha! I'm impressed! Those pages take forever to load sometimes it seems.

Actually, the story seemed pretty interesting that went with this handsome military guy in my question, though I didn't read the story in detail. It was about the Cuban Missile Crisis during the Cold War. This guy was some sort of hero it seems -- I just wanted to find this image because it was the image to "lure" you in. And he did.
      May 26, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

Yeah, sometimes I get super impatient and just reverse image search the photo. lol It probably takes me longer that way, but it sure beats all the clicking. I have no patience!
      May 26, 2017 4:36 PM MDT

Now that I think about it, I think my brother was telling me how he tries to get around all the clicking, and it may be the same thing you do, too!
      May 26, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

i dont see any of that, i have adblock
      May 26, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

I don't blame you at all for that, pearl! Pretty smart, actually!
    But every once in a while, there comes an image like the one in my question and it's worth it to me to see them.
      May 26, 2017 4:20 PM MDT