Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Goodbyes do not come in one size. There are temporary goodbyes and final goodbyes. Can you tell the difference?

Goodbyes do not come in one size. There are temporary goodbyes and final goodbyes. Can you tell the difference?

After a FINAL GOODBYE (I don't mean due to death) do you keep going back? Why?

Posted - May 28, 2017

Responses

Hmm interesting question.. not sure.. but I do know that I have always had a problem with people leaving my life..  it stems from a sorta step-brother I had as kid who just disappeared one day.. but if i care about people then yes, I would do anything I could to not have them leave, to encourage them to stay and work it out.. 

In conversations too I can be a little that way... i am a natural educator, I want people to learn and understand.. and i get frustrated when they seem disinterested and don't want to consider facts and information that I feel they should take on board.. I am someone who loves to learn and will change what i think in the light of new evidence, if that evidence is good.  So sometimes I will keep trying even when I am on a losing battle because the other person isn't evolved enough or intelligent enough to learn or see 
      May 28, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

I don't ever want to be where I am not wanted Addb. I would never impose myself on anyone who said a FINAL GOODBYE. Similarly I get annoyed with those who can't take a hint and keep coming back.  I can't figure why they do that. I don't care why people leave.  The fact that they want to leave is all I need. Even if they told me why it could be a lie. Knowing why matters not at all. The only thing that matters is that the relationship is over and I just move on. I don't usually look back either. Do I ever wonder WHY? Sure. But that's as far as it goes. I do nothing about it. What's the point? Thank you for your reply. I know we're different  and what I feel/think is the not the same as you. This post was edited by RosieG at May 28, 2017 6:23 AM MDT
      May 28, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

sometimes i can tell and sometimes i cant
      May 28, 2017 3:46 PM MDT