Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why do we allow the media/politians call something a cut when it is just not increased as much as they wanted?

Why do we allow the media/politians call something a cut when it is just not increased as much as they wanted?

Example Media reports: Trump cuts Medicaid. 

But in fact the budget shows that in 2016, Obama budgeted $368 Billion. This number rises to $378 Billion in 2017 and $404 Billion in 2018. In fact, there is not one year where Medicaid spending is less than the year before. 

http://www.thelibertyconservative.com/media-lies-trump-increases-medicaid-spending/

Posted - May 28, 2017

Responses

You sound like you have a problem with a cut in the increase recognized or not recognized as a reduction in spending. Am I correct? This post was edited by O-uknow at May 28, 2017 6:54 PM MDT
      May 28, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

I have a problem with calling a increase in spending a cut in spending.  
    If I am up for a possible raise of $1/hr but only get 50¢/hr that is an increase in my pay...not a cut in pay. 
      May 28, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

Don't allow it.  Write your Congressmen and Senators about this.  I don't call it a cut and don't listen to someone calling it a cut.  If they win on the issue, they will have constitutional footing.  You can't take entitlements away without due process. That is where they are trying to land.
      May 28, 2017 8:35 PM MDT

That is a good idea..I will plan to do that Tuesday. 
      May 28, 2017 9:08 PM MDT

Promises made should be promises kept but by whom? Obama then Hillary? Another case of counting unhatched chickens?
      May 29, 2017 12:07 AM MDT

• The best comparison that I can draw in all of this is what we hear out of merchants around Christmas time. They will project profits of three million, make two million instead, and whine that they lost a million bucks. It's the old shell game my friend.
      May 29, 2017 12:09 PM MDT