Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Russians are smartly formidable hackers. Americans aren't. Why? Are we too naively GULLIBLE and somewhat intellectually disadvantaged?

Russians are smartly formidable hackers. Americans aren't. Why? Are we too naively GULLIBLE and somewhat intellectually disadvantaged?

Posted - May 30, 2017

Responses

May 30, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

I think it's more because of laws and Government. In Russia a russian hacker isn't breaking any laws if they are trying to hack into a computer as long as it's not a computer inside russia. So russian hackers can hack away without fear of being arrested so they get lots of practice. Also in russia there is a web site that is like a yellow pages to all your hacking needs if your looking for a hacker that specializes in hacking personal information there's a long list of hackers that do that IF your looking for a hacker that specializes in hacking business computers there's a long list of hackers that do that - pretty much any type of hacking. And that website isn't breaking any laws unless they agree to hack a computer inside russia. Cheers!
      May 30, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

Good golly miss molly! A how-to for hackers in Russia? Oy vey! Thank you for your thoughtful and informative answer Nanoose! I wonder if we're ever gonna get smarter? :)
      May 31, 2017 3:39 AM MDT

Russians play chess for fun, Americans play checkers. 

"It's the number five. That's the average number of moves ahead that a Class A or better chess player will generally be thinking throughout the course of a game. While checkers is primarily played in the moment, chess requires a complex strategy that is often won by thinking ahead."

http://www.marcensign.com/are-you-playing-checkers-or-chess/

Could be the difference. 
      May 30, 2017 8:58 PM MDT

I heard that yesterday on TV righty. In fact I was going to ask a question about it. I can so relate. I had a cousin who LOVED to play chess. I preferred checkers.  He'd play Checkers with me if I would play Chess with him. I NEVER ONCE won a chess game. NOT ONCE! So I get it. My brain is better-suited for the simple not the complex. Sometimes I don't even notice what's right in front of me let alone be able to foresee steps ahead, future moves.  I think that's a perfect analogy. Thank you for your reply and the link (most helpful and informative) and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 31, 2017 3:37 AM MDT
      May 31, 2017 3:36 AM MDT

Many of our best hackers are in jail. We have underground hackers that nobody knows about. Don't sell us short.
      May 31, 2017 7:20 AM MDT