Active Now

Randy D
Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Is it a good idea to move to another country?

Is it a good idea to move to another country?

Posted - May 30, 2017

Responses

Sure, go ahead.
      May 30, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

Sure, if you have a job there, can speak the language, have someone there who can teach you about the culture etc., and only if you have been there before for an extended length of time (not in a holiday resort). You have to know what you are getting into. Culture shock and all.
      May 30, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

Hi fran533~ Your question has had me thinking for a moment or two about how to answer.  
    My first response is, I can't tell you if it is a good idea or not.  That is a decision only you can decide.  
    My second response is rather sad.  As much as we, I rather, would like to believe we ALL live in a free world, we do not.  There are many stipulations that adhere to most countries.  America is the only one I know of that is lenient in many ways.  
    Others have pointed out some of those stipulations.  I have been fortunate to travel to many countries, most of which were 3rd word countries.  I could not have done those travels by myself.  I was lucky to have a great friend who spoke their languages.  I also am very adaptable to cultures foreign to me.  Many people are not. 
    If you choose to make a lifetime choice, be respectful to the natives.  They may or may not like you right out the gate.  It is their right.  Good Luck if you so choose.  But, remember, you are a guest, first. Hugs and happy thoughts!
      May 30, 2017 4:36 PM MDT

It is not easy. the different countries each have their own culture that you will need to learn and 'fit into'. that is fairly easy for children to do, but adults are less mallable and may never really learn the culture they are now living in. Look at all the 'Chinatown' areas people in US cities built so they would not have to ship grandpa 'back home' ;-))
      May 30, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

Is it a good idea to move to another country? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 30, 2017 7:20 PM MDT
      May 30, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

• It can be for some people. My family picked up and moved to the USA when I was younger. We did well for ourselves here. I'll also mention the other answers who are alittle more detailed. :)
      May 30, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

depends on why you want to move and what country youre going to
      June 1, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

Its okay to Move to a new Country, if you can relate to OR can manage with the people, their culture, their Society...
      June 11, 2017 12:51 AM MDT