Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » The more intense the emotion the more likely it is to take over and prevent clear thinking. Are you a great fan of runaway emotion? Why?

The more intense the emotion the more likely it is to take over and prevent clear thinking. Are you a great fan of runaway emotion? Why?

Emotion can always get out of hand, out of control. Being thoughtful and logical is usually easily controlled. Do you like being in control at all times or is being emotionally out of whack your thing? Because?

Posted - May 31, 2017

Responses

There is a new phrase being coined that fits this scenario.   Just because we have a high IQ, for instance, does not mean that we can think intelligently.   Because?  Our emotions come into play.   You can be intellectually developed and pass exams a doctor would have trouble passing, and have an emotional makeup of a child.

That is being emotionally retarded.   Borderline personalities have emotional bodies of a 2 year old.   So, we have a nation of emotionally retarded people who act as if they are adults.   It is scary as hell.
      May 31, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

Tell me about it ! :( How else to explain a Doofus Donny (evil treasonous variety) having been elected prez?  Not by the MAJORITY of course. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shar ttR and Happy  Thursday! :)
      June 1, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

no, i like to be in control
      May 31, 2017 5:43 PM MDT

Im not an emotional person.
      May 31, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

That comes in handy during times like these m'dear. Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      June 1, 2017 3:50 AM MDT

• No, I'll leave that to you.
      June 1, 2017 4:20 AM MDT

Being unable to control emotions can lead to behavior such as a person who harbors hatred, ranting and spewing negative and hostile remarks without regard to how others are affected by them. I believe that one should always consider how a message is delivered, not just what the message is.
      June 1, 2017 4:53 AM MDT