Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » The Dumpster has pulled out of the Paris accord. HOW CAN HE LOOK BARRON IN THE EYES?

The Dumpster has pulled out of the Paris accord. HOW CAN HE LOOK BARRON IN THE EYES?

That's your son, you jerk. It's his world you've just promised to screw up. Do you really want your own child to curse your name forever?

Posted - June 1, 2017

Responses

hahaha
    more true than not
      June 1, 2017 6:16 PM MDT

I'm having more and more difficulty looking the President in the eyes. Or listening to him.
      June 1, 2017 6:51 PM MDT

Obviously Mr. Trump does not agree with you.  Neither do I.
      June 1, 2017 7:06 PM MDT

70% of Americans support the Paris Agreement. Elon Musk just quit because of Trump's stupidity in repudiating it. Clean energy actually creates jobs, America could have led the world - now it will trail - badly,  the brain drain to Asia and Europe could well be catastrophic. You'll end up with a nation of unemployed morons.
    Study a little history. A nation last century lost a major war by chasing out half a dozen geniuses.
      June 1, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

There is nothing lower than this pig. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 2, 2017 11:23 AM MDT
      June 1, 2017 7:17 PM MDT

• Do we really need to be in a coalition to reduce our emissions? He said it was a bad deal for us and wants to renegotiate it. I don'r see the need in it though. Our Mayor has already said we will do our part to cut back, as have other Mayors.   
      June 1, 2017 7:51 PM MDT

No, we don't have to be in an accord to do what is right, but it does help when everyone (or almost everyone) is heading in the same direction.  Listening to John Kerry last night, he said the U.S. was not paying anyone anything and that each country agreed to do their best to meet the goals set forth.  Not sure who to believe here.  I'm not sure why the U.S. would have to be paying anyone to do anything, but I haven't read the agreement.

EDIT:  I just looked this up on the internet.  According to the Q&A in the NYTimes regarding the agreement, 

"Under the deal, the Obama administration pledged to cut domestic greenhouse gas emissions 26 to 28 percent below 2005 levels by 2025 as well as to commit up to $3 billion in aid for poorer countries by 2020. (The United States has delivered $1 billion to date.)" 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/climate/qa-the-paris-climate-accord.html?_r=0

Note that it will commit UP TO - not that it WILL commit $3 billion.  So if it's a matter of not wanting to contribute any more funds, Trump could keep us in the accord and just not dole out any of the other $2 billion. 

XXXXX This post was edited by SpunkySenior at June 2, 2017 4:21 PM MDT
      June 2, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

• Thank you. That explained it very well. 
      June 2, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

Thanks.  I thought it was a good explanation.
      June 2, 2017 2:38 PM MDT