Discussion » Questions » answerMug » When did "Asker's pick" start?

When did "Asker's pick" start?

Posted - June 2, 2017

Responses

I think that was always there and everyone ignores it because who is the ASKER's that are picking anyway? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 16, 2018 10:08 AM MST
      June 2, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

• I noticed the developers on the site a few days ago working on things. I believe they got this feature up and running last night. It has not always been there like someone else stated. 
      June 2, 2017 8:27 AM MDT

Someone else remembers this feature.   It was up before.  It made no sense before.  There was a time when you were not here.  Before.  I think it was around the time when Suzie was here and Wey was around.  I may be wrong, but I am almost positive because I remember complaining about it and how it made no sense. 
      June 2, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

• It was not here before.
      June 2, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

yes, AS I SAID, IT WAS.

IT WAS NOT CALLED ASKER'S PICK WHICH I SAID.  BUT OF COURSE, YOU DON'T READ.  GREAT MONITOR MATERIAL.
    This post was edited by Just Asking at June 6, 2017 1:10 PM MDT
      June 5, 2017 1:36 PM MDT

• Sticks and stones.   . Jesus loves you. 
      June 5, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

Shar, JA mentioned adding it a while back.  It's new.  Like you, who cares?  Maybe someone does.  I still miss being able to give people up AND DOWN points.  If we've no way to dislike something, the liking is pretty meaningless.  Skipping the question doesn't have the same effect; it actually has no effect.    My opinion.
      June 2, 2017 1:07 PM MDT

Okay, Thrifty.   I am thinking about something very similar then.  There was a favorite something almost just like that.  I am not that goofy in the head. 
      June 2, 2017 1:08 PM MDT

No, I was here long before a lot of people and it did not stay long.  It was not called Asker's Pick.  But it was the same idea.  That is all I was saying and JA just confirmed it.  YES.  There was such a thing, it was not set up like this.  It was picked by the people who ran this joint.  They would pick the best answer and it was posted up in the top corner.  I am not crazy. 
      June 5, 2017 1:38 PM MDT

• Please see JA's response.
      June 2, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

They had something but it wasn't at the end of the question for people to choose from.   It was just SELECTED by god knows who and it would say Asker's Pick or something just like that on the front page.   I know I saw this for months.
      June 2, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

• There's never been anything like that on the Mug.
      June 2, 2017 6:08 PM MDT

Okay.   We can do this.   Remember when they had something in the corner at the top, either the left or the right top, they used to have birthdays, etc.  I swear I remember an Asker's Pick selected by the staff.   I did not dream this one up.
      June 2, 2017 6:10 PM MDT

• Answerbag had it, but the Mug never did. We used to run a selected question of the week, a blog of the week and something else, but we never had an askers pick. 
      June 2, 2017 6:12 PM MDT

I know that.  I'm talking about here.  Apparently I am dreaming.
      June 2, 2017 6:37 PM MDT

• Apparently. The Mug has never had askers pick. 
      June 2, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

OKAY???

As I have said before, you do not comprehend what I am saying.  EVER.

June 2, 2017 7:04 PM MDT
    Reply Like Report
    Just Asking Shar to the Rona

We did have questions and answers selected by the staff for a while, but that fell by the wayside around the time we inherited orphans from other sites. It wasn't called Asker's Pick, but the concept you remember is correct.
      June 5, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

We did have questions and answers selected by the staff for a while, but that fell by the wayside around the time we inherited orphans from other sites. It wasn't called Asker's Pick, but the concept you remember is correct.
      June 5, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

THANK YOU.  I am NOT crazy. 

Karen  has to chime in on anything I say and try to correct me. This post was edited by Just Asking at June 6, 2017 1:13 PM MDT
      June 5, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

• Name calling is so beneath you.... Oh wait... No it isn't. 
      June 5, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Trying to evade the topic?  

Karen Shar to the Rona

There's never been anything like that on the Mug.

Name calling?   I only do it when it is warranted and that is why it is always amazingly award-worthy.
    It is one of my best gifts.   And then there are ALL the others I possess,  like telling people off.  There is no one better. 

But you would already know that.

Take a look at what you wrote and HOW YOU INSISTED I could not be right. 

YOU WERE WRONG AGAIN. 

Just like you are wrong about what you accused me of.    If I were to call a name it would be along the lines of slanderous, malicious liar.

But you would already know that.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2017 2:59 PM MDT
      June 5, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

• Jesus loves you and so do I.....
      June 5, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

• I told you pretty much the same thing JA did. That we used to highlight a question, blog and something else once a week.  I want to thank you for all the laughs this post has given me. :) You are more precious than you realize. 
      June 6, 2017 3:30 AM MDT

• I told you that too. 
      June 5, 2017 3:11 PM MDT