Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Shouldn't AnswerMug have "Trump-Free Zones" or better yet, "Trump Bans"? ~

Shouldn't AnswerMug have "Trump-Free Zones" or better yet, "Trump Bans"? ~

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

Yeah.  It's called another site. 
      June 3, 2017 9:32 PM MDT

• There should be a separate place for them...maybe a group or something and any that are put in the main traffic ares should be deleted. They are one of the reasons people are leaving, if management is ok with it causing people to leave, what can we do? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 4, 2017 6:11 PM MDT
      June 3, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

Don't you think management's hands are tied?  It's an open forum website. 
    :|
      June 3, 2017 9:46 PM MDT

• No, I don't think that. It's very bad for the site and I'm sure something could be done. It's turning people away, and that's got to be hurting the revenue. They could make a group and have all political questions posted there. If they care about the sire, they would do something instead of letting everyone leave. I'm on other sites and the ones who have left are on some of them. they have states that the Trump questions are the main reason they are leaving. 
      June 3, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

There's already a specific Politics category, as is there one for Current Events, Legal, Life & Society, Celebrities, etc. 
    People pick and choose whichever category they please to post questions, statements, blogs, etc. Not everyone selects an appropriate category either. 
    Management can't specifically censor input based on its annoying factors, if so, my input and yours too would be the first to go. 
    ~
      June 3, 2017 10:57 PM MDT

• But we are not causing others to leave. For the sake of argument, if you owned a restaurant and one particular customer showed up every day and was taking food off the other customers plates, would you allow that to continue? That would diminish the dining experience of all your other customers. Because of this one customer, all your other customers started going to your competitors and your business was suffering, what would you do? Allow it to continue? Put a stop to it? What? 
      June 3, 2017 11:08 PM MDT

Taking food from others' plates is a wrong act, and can therefore be dealt with accordingly. Being an annoying presence on a free, completely public, open forum Q&A website is not a wrong act that can be sanctioned UNLESS there's a specific violation of the TOS. ACTUALLY, being a pain in people's fleshy seat cushions defines membership on such a website, or I would have been booted off long ago. 

Look, I'm very much annoyed with all the Trump-traffic around this place, especially all the bashing and childish whining that some people display, which is partially why I posted this question. I did so only in jest, because I merely had the intent of poking fun. I don't know if it's being taken more seriously than I intended. 

:)
    This post was edited by Randy D at June 4, 2017 7:55 AM MDT
      June 3, 2017 11:16 PM MDT

• I've been at my sisters watching the game. We had a few Jagermeister bombs....Maybe I'm taking it too seriously. It just irritates me that she is being allowed to run members off.  
      June 3, 2017 11:23 PM MDT

Dear Randy,

Can you BE more of a hypocrite? 

People who single-handedly barage a site with nonsense  questions about TILDES ad nauseum,  have zero right to complain about any repetitive questions about any subject.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 3, 2017 11:35 PM MDT
      June 3, 2017 11:27 PM MDT

Don't forget the grammar obsession and the nipple fetish. I'm much more well-rounded when viewed as the complete entity that I encompass. 

Don't MAKE me post a poll on which is worse: Trump posts v tildes posts!  I wouldn't even have to campaign or raise funds!  Your ilk already got badly burned on one election, another one could crush you!

Reported as inaccurate griping. 
    ~
      June 3, 2017 11:34 PM MDT

Okay.  

You are well-rounded. 

Leave the Trump questions be. 
      June 3, 2017 11:37 PM MDT

I hate when that happens.
      June 4, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

According to the TOS we agree not to:

interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this Network;

June 4, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

• Yep. Sadly, that is correct.
      June 4, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

And  we also agree not post in "a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy". 

What are those posts if not defamatory? I note the TOS does not specify that the defamatory, malicious, harmful posts must be directed against another member. My opinion is that the negative, hostile tone that is set by those prolific posts is more off-putting than the subject matter
      June 4, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

• And yet, nothing is done. A lot of the TOS were developed by the general consensus, well, the general consensus is tired of these questions and what they are doing to membership.  
      June 5, 2017 4:46 AM MDT

Who has tied the management's hands? It is an open forum, I agree, but spamming is spamming, even if the subject is a political one!
      June 3, 2017 11:28 PM MDT

Oh but 1,000 questions about tildes is NOT spamming?
      June 3, 2017 11:31 PM MDT

1.  I post FAR fewer tilde-related questions than the Chief Perpetrators post anti-Trump questions. My tilde spiels are in direct contrast to Trumpizing: someone needs to break the monotony!  Remember, you abandoned this place for weeks, no, months, so who carried it in your unexplained, unrequested, and unauthorized absence?  You can't come back in here late as a teen's period riding an off-white horse, wearing your Sharoning armor and start slaying us with your terrible Swifter sword!  We're the good guys!

2.  Few people like the Trump-related posts, be they pro or anti Trump, while EVERYONE loves tildes and the questions they inspire. Tildes are like puppies or warm cocoa made by grandma or the black crayon in the 64-count box or Ferris Wheels or baby chicks (yes, I know it's redundant, but you're digressing) or fluffy fields of marshmallows. YOU even love tildes, Sharonna, because you love me!  Love the man, love his tildes, you can't have one without the other. I represent the good brother you never had!  

Now drop this pretend anti-tilde schtick, I'll unfile the reports against you, and let's run slo-mo to each other in a pollen-infested dandelion field and embrace like the friends we are!

~
      June 3, 2017 11:53 PM MDT

Right.

50 Trump questions are posted to your 20.

If I hit someone 10 times and someone else hits the person 20 times, that's okay.   According to your logic, my 10 hits don't matter because someone else hit more. 

Just because there are countless Trump questions does not give someone who posts a zillion nonsense questions about Tildes the right to complain about how many times.   I don't care.   You can post them till the cows come home.  I can answer anything.  But.... I still think you have a lot of crust making criticisms about a very critical issue that we feel powerless to overcome.   Trump is dangerous.  This is all we got and I welcome any commentary about how awful this situation actually is, rather than listening to idiots praise this evil moron to the sky. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2017 8:26 AM MDT
      June 3, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

If you truly believe that logging onto this site whining about Trump, calling him silly names and making fun of his 11-year-old son contributes to some kind of valid political protest, then you're off your rocker!  This is AnswerMug, it's not the hallowed halls of Congress or the sacred chambers of the Supreme Court!  Practically nothing done on AnswerMug will spurn forward your movement!  You want to be taken seriously about taking down Trump, this place is 100 rungs below Saturday Night Live!  Who in the heck ever even heard of AnswerMug?  When my posts alone make up 1/100th of total content, what target audience does the Trump-sniveling reach? People tell one-liners here about farting and post 1980s music videos and how to duct-tape a '74 Chevy back together!

Why oh why do some folks insist on taking this place more seriously than it deserves?  You want regime-change, log off of Tilde Central and quit whining that tildes bug you.  Go to Berkeley or Tiananmen or The National Mall and garner exposure for your cause, leave this "bathroom wall of the internet" to its demographic already!  Toppling Trump ain't happenin' here, lady!

~
    This post was edited by Randy D at June 4, 2017 7:56 AM MDT
      June 4, 2017 12:36 AM MDT

I fail to see why a Spanish accent placed over some few letters should be a major subject on an english-speaking website, I makes more sense to have political questions/statements about the politicians and politics of the nation the website is located it. Even it most of them are a bit disgusting.
      June 4, 2017 3:50 AM MDT

How is the tilde a "major subject", and even if it is, who is making it one?  If my silly posts about tildes on a Q&A website are seen by anyone as a "major subject", then one of two things must be true: that person understands that silly subjects are the point of websites like this and unfortunately has focused on tilde-related posts as priority 1; or that person misunderstands the importance of this website, assuming that it's a center point for launching political protests that require or deserve credibility, and find offense in having to share the stage with tilde questions. 

Also, the word "English" is supposed to be capitalized. 

I do NOT discourage anyone from posting serious topics here on AnswerMug, heck, I even do it myself every now and then. I do not, however, think this place is Face the Nation Mug, 60 Minutes Mug, Meet the Press Mug, C-SPAN Mug, The McNeil-Lehrer Report Mug, Wall Street Journal Mug, etc.  I believe that certain levels of important information can be disseminated from AnswerMug, people can learn a few new facts and become informed on important issues in limited degrees. That said, I don't expect any great social change or meaningful cultural shifts to be initiated here.   There are too many cat videos and relationship queries and the like that dominate the content here for it to be seen as anyone's primary source for news or community involvement. 

~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
      June 4, 2017 4:45 AM MDT

Oh please.  People leave this site for any reason.  All the time.  They are bored, they cannot come up with anything interesting themselves, so they blame the site.   What else is new? 

We have been faced with probably the worst problem this nation has ever been faced with.  An incompetent jerk who stole the election.   In my opinion, there are not enough questions to cover this atrocity.  I am amazed that people are so clueless.   I cannot get over this.  What the heck else IS there to talk about? 

Knickers?

Religion?

Sex?

Tildes?   That is so interesting.    But that's okay, Karen, because YOU like them?    You also have an affection for Trump that I do NOT comprehend.   So does Randy.   So those questions have to go elsewhere?

What is so important that YOU know will keep people on this site?  I would love to hear that. 

If you don't want Trump questions, AGAIN.... make up some of your own and that erases what came before.   I think you know that.   Get busy.  I'm so tired of listening to this nonsense.   

Sure, the Trump questions are lame, but what questions on here ARE NOT LAME?   What questions on Answer Bag were not lame?  They are just general questions that come out of people's heads.   That is all.  When all these great members leave, where do they go that is any better?

NO WHERE  any better. That's where.  Because?  ALL these sites are basically the same.

And if you knew of any place better, you would have left a long time ago.  But here you still are.   

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2017 8:26 AM MDT
      June 3, 2017 11:24 PM MDT