Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » "It's like the best thing I've ever purchased in my entire life". As heard on TV. What's the best thing you ever bought in your entire life?

"It's like the best thing I've ever purchased in my entire life". As heard on TV. What's the best thing you ever bought in your entire life?

The words in quotes were said by a guy who bought a 65" TV on some home shopping network cable channel. Jim watches it. I can't stand it.  Non-stop hysterically presented sales pitches with hyperbole and superlatives coming at you at an unbelievable rate. Gender doesn't matter. The men and the women are equally intolerable! I think these folks are hyper to say the least. Maybe they take uppers? They all talk fast and loud and never shut up. Perhaps they get transfusions of caffeine before they go on camera. Imagine watching a station that does nothing but advertise? I can't either but people do. SIGH. Do you? Why?

Posted - June 4, 2017

Responses

My ankle length Cashmere coat.   
      June 4, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

Sounds very lush and very pricey unless you got "such a deal"! Thank you for your reply cp! :)
      June 4, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

I purchased it at a consignment shop for $40. It was brand new too. 100 percent cashmere. What a deal huh? Have a great day RosieG. Nice to see you.. ;)))))
      June 4, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

WOW! You're one lucky  gal! That is AMAZING! I LOVE cashmere. I remember I had a kinda greyish blue cashmere pullover years ago that I treasured. T'was a gift. It was so silky soft on my skin. Every time I wore it I felt regal. I'm sure you know what I mean! I think when you wear extra speical clothes like that it does affect how you feel. I think I'm gonna ask a question about that! Wear your coat in good health m'dear. That was some buy! Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      June 5, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

• Doesn't Zeppelin have a song about this?
      June 5, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

Are you calling me fat?
      June 5, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

• Kashmir.
      June 5, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

A van. I would never want to own a car again. 
      June 4, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

D'ya have a large family Kg? Why is a van your cuppa tea? Thank you for your reply and Happy  Sunday to thee!  :)
      June 4, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

I don't have any family. I just like the versility of a van; hauling stuff, camping,  place to sleep case the house burns down...
      June 4, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

You and my Jim would get along great Kg! There is just the two of us and every time he sees a van or SUV he says "boy I'd sure love to have that". We're pretty old so we don't haul stuff around. We don't go camping. We really wouldn't use it except that having a place to sleep would be useful if you were homeless for whatever reason. Enjoy it in good health m'dear! Thank you for the extra info and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      June 5, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

• Among the best would be saddle bags for my bicycle.  Now I don't have to carry every thing on my back.  Also my food processor and spice mill.
      June 4, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

Saddle bags look very spiffy and are very useful. I've never had a food processor whistle. Why do you like yours? I have a spice mill and I never use it. Maybe I should? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 4, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

• The food processor lets me make excellent hummus and salmon pate, pesto and such.  The spice mill I use to make my own curry powder.
      June 4, 2017 8:00 PM MDT

Geez whistle I guess I haven't been paying attention! You are a FOODIE too just like me only way better than me. I love hummus but have never made it myself. I LOVE pates of all kinds but never once made any. I love curried anything but always use the already prepared spices. Never made my own. I salute you! That really impresses me a lot! Thank you for the info and Happy Monday. So  do you recommend any particular brand of food processor? :)
      June 5, 2017 2:52 AM MDT

• I'm very happy with my Cuisinart.  Try making your own hummus. It will be far better than most purchased and you can alter it as you choose.  I like to make it with added Kalamata olives.  Once, being out of tahini, I used peanut butter.  This was surprising tasty.  I roast and grind my own curry powder. Fresh and tasty.
      June 5, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Thanks for the info. You are definitely someone very special. Glad we chatted about this whistle. Now I know to whom to ask about stuff like this! If you dont mind! :)
      June 5, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

My NYC co-op apartment when my landlord got foreclosed by his bank for not paying his mortgage and I picked it up at auction for pennies on the dollar.
      June 4, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

WOW! That is awesome Spunky! Pennies on the dollar you say? You were certainly in the right place at the right time with the  RIGHT STUFF! It's probably worth zillions by now. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure housing in New York doesn't come cheap. I think San Francisco is also a very expensive place to live. Well that is a lifetime great buy and you just keep it in the family! Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Monday! :)
      June 5, 2017 2:55 AM MDT

Believe it or not, a battery operated pepper mill.

I like fried egg, cheese, and bacon sandwiches and I have to hold it together with one hand when I add additional pepper.  I love fresh pepper and the manual mill is obviously impossible o use.  I used to grind the manual mill and sprinkle pepper from a small Pyrex dish, but I decided that was too much work.

My wife and I also like salads and is just a real pleasure to have a powered grinder.
      June 4, 2017 2:06 PM MDT

I always thought pepper mills were either hand-cranked or electric. I did not know they come in battery-operated too! Gosh you and your wife are foodies too aren't you tj? How cool is that! Your sandwich sounds DELISH!  I'll keep my eye out for a battery-operated one. It goes where you go and you don't have to rely on electricity to use it! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 5, 2017 2:59 AM MDT
      June 5, 2017 2:56 AM MDT

There are a lot of such mills out there.  I looked at quite a few of the battery operated one's available.  I can, without hesitation, recommend https://www.peppermills.com/

I have a white one for salt and a black one for pepper.
      June 5, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

Thanks a lot for the link tj! I appreciate it! :)
      June 5, 2017 11:58 AM MDT