Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » All the Devil/Satan wants are souls. Politicians don't have them, right?

All the Devil/Satan wants are souls. Politicians don't have them, right?

Could they possibly be the Devil's earthly representatives? How else do you account for them and what they are capable of doing and actually do to those they "serve"?

Posted - June 5, 2017

Responses

• Hahaha.  Makes me think of the Canterbury Tales.
      June 5, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

Nice literary allusion whistle. Why? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 27, 2017 4:04 AM MDT

• In one of the tails the protagonist, a friar, is given a tour of Hell.  He boastfully declares how pleased he is that there are no friars in Hell.  So the guide calls to Satan to lift his tail.  100s of friars swarm out of Satan's rectum.
      June 27, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

Thank you for sharing that with us m'dear. Aeons ago in junior college in the "Masterpieces of Literature Class" I'm pretty sure we read it but honestly whistle I don't remember a word of it! I think that's funny as he**, no pun intended! :)
      June 28, 2017 1:49 AM MDT

YES  exactly.
      June 5, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

• Maybe just shoes.
      June 6, 2017 7:01 PM MDT

????
      June 27, 2017 4:05 AM MDT

• Shoes have a sole.
      June 27, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

Sole. Soul. What would I do without your kind explanations m'dear? I don't even want to think about it! Thanks once again for deciphering something that clearly went WHOOOSH way over my head! I appreciate it! :)
      June 28, 2017 1:51 AM MDT

• No one has a soul, for they do not exist, any more than gods exist. Devils do not exist, either. Politicians are dishonest by nature. Honest men get nowhere in politics.
      June 10, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

So say you SZ. Others may not/do not/ can not agree with your view. But you have every right to state what YOU think. For You. You can only speak for yourself and no one else, right? You do not allow others to speak for you. Do you?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      June 27, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

• I am far more logical than you. Your head is in your eongdeongi. I have read many books on many subjects. I do think profoundly, but I have doubts about you. There is no scientific proof of souls, gods or devils. You are moving your mouth mindlessly. Anyone who believes in such govno that has no scientific evidence is ignorant.
      July 2, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

1.  Take head out of butt
    2.   Read a hundred books on the subject
    3.  Learn to think before writing.
    4.  Anyone who makes this kind of comment just likes to hear their mouth flap up and down.
      June 27, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

Satan's system of things has many tentacles comprised of the political/world governments, commercial, economic, entertainment, and world empire of false religion. (1john 5:19)
      June 26, 2017 11:59 PM MDT

Do those who serve Satan always know it Autumn? Don't they often think they are on the side of the Angels? Doesn't Satan trick everyone including those who serve him? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 27, 2017 4:10 AM MDT

For the most part it is as you said, Satan tricks them so to speak.
    (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
    (2 Corinthians 11:13-15) For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.
    (John 16:1-4) “I have said these things to you so that you may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have told you these things so that when the hour for them to happen arrives, you will remember that I told them to you. “I did not tell you these things at first, because I was with you.
      June 27, 2017 5:29 AM MDT

Hi there tex! Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply m'dear and Happy Tuesday to you!:)
      June 27, 2017 5:55 AM MDT

Your welcome Rosie. What the Bible says is definitely true. Look how Satan misled so-called Christian in to committing the holocaust with millions of innocent people being murdered.
      June 27, 2017 6:28 AM MDT

The Christian in question had a diseased mind.  It was so messed up, even Satan couldn't penetrate it.  He was mentally ill.  Period.

Look how Satan is causing you to make judgment calls on a situation you have no way of knowing about.  Hitler was not Christian or anything.  Hitler was insane.  Period.  Insane.  So, if Satan had anything to do with it, it was the magnetism that attracted hordes to his way of thinking.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 28, 2017 2:04 AM MDT
      June 27, 2017 6:51 AM MDT

Are you aware that the majority of the Churches in Germany supported Hitler and the Holocaust? Have you done any research or are you just spouting stuff from your hip? You could try reading accounts on the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum website or from the Jewish library like I have. I'll make it easy for you:

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005206
    https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-holocaust
      June 27, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

Oh Gee. Thanks for stating the obvious. Are you aware of what I just wrote?    I forgot subtlety is lost on folks who need to site every thought.  What I meant was that in order to call oneself a Christian, one needs to behave like a Christian.  Hitler had no clue.  Hitler was total ego - that word that you call Satan? 

Try again.  I think I know a little bit about Sir Adolph.  I take issue with your saying why he was the way he was.  To just use SATAN is kind of simplistic and laughable to me.  You see, it is because I did a lot of research and grew up under the shadow of that nightmare ever happening again.  And it IS.  Right here in the good old USA.  Satan lives and prospers right in your own backyard.

Or else, the mentality of the normal voter is governed by the devil now. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 27, 2017 7:42 AM MDT
      June 27, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Yes, I read what you wrote. "Look how Satan is causing you to make judgment calls on a situation you have no way of knowing about." I am very familiar with what went on in Germany. You were trying to be hateful, spiteful and argumentative as usual. Obviously I wasn't just talking about Hitler as it took more than just Hitler to commit those atrocities. So it wasn't wasn't just Hitler period.

Not just one man but a history of those claiming to follow the Prince of Peace.
    Although I don't agree with everything in the following websites, the pictures speak volumes as to what happens when people think that God wants them to kill(Jn 16:2):

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005206 - German Churches and the Nazi State
    https://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm - Photos of clergy with Nazi’s
    https://www2.dsu.nodak.edu/users/dmeier/Holocaust/hitler.html
    Nazi Supporters
    The Nazis won their support primarily from the lower middle class and the peasantry. These voters were strongly nationalistic in their political views and feared that the depression would deprive them of their standard of living. In religion, most of the Nazis' supporters were Protestants. German Catholics remained firm in their support of the Catholic Center Party.
    https://www.religioustolerance.org/curr_war.htm - Religiously-based civil unrest and warfare
    https://www.jesusneverexisted.com/1000years.htm - 1000 years of carnage and barbarity in the name of Christ
    https://emperors-clothes.com/vatican/cpix.htm - photos of clergy with Hitler as well as photos of forced conversions
      June 27, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

One of the problems with trying to make everything that has happened be something already addressed in the bible and to be seen as an example of everything the bible has warned against---is the inability to understand the psychology of the humans God created---and more generally, the inability to think clearly.

And apparently, the majority of Jehovah Witnesses think as you do---I wonder what great evil will be attributed to that sect by history.

June 27, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

You don't think that the Bible has already addressed the atrocities committed by your Church?

(2 Corinthians 10:3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh.
    (Romans 12:17-21) Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.
    (1 John 3:10-15) The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for what reason did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother were righteous. 13 Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed over from death to life, because we love the brothers. The one who does not love remains in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him.
      June 27, 2017 9:02 AM MDT