Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Which would you fear more? Physcial disfigurement/no plastic surgery possible OR permanent mental impairment? Why?

Which would you fear more? Physcial disfigurement/no plastic surgery possible OR permanent mental impairment? Why?

Posted - June 5, 2017

Responses

Mental. I live with a slight physical impairment, the operation may have been a success but I'll never be able to lift, bend or twist again. I'm not complaining, at least I can walk unaided and sleep without dangerous and highly addictive drugs,  but I'm not quite the man I used to be.
    A mental impairment? That scares me. What if I end up being unable to recognize my nearest and dearest? I'd rather be dead.
      June 5, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

I don't remember if you saw/replied to my question about Alzheimer's Sbf. But deaths from Alzheimer's has increased 55% in the last 15 years! That is frightening as he**! :(. Thank you for your reply. Are you in pain all the time from the operation ? I hope it is minimal if you are. Also it is disfigurement Sbf not physical impairment. Physical disfigurement.  Would that make any difference? This post was edited by RosieG at June 5, 2017 12:04 PM MDT
      June 5, 2017 12:01 PM MDT

The pain is a fraction of what it used to be before the op. Arthritis remains from the condition that the operation cured for the most part. As  for disfigurement, I'm not Mr Universe at the best of times, so any change for the worse can't be extreme.
      June 5, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

I'd have to agree with Slartibartfast.  Physical impairment would still allow me to read, watch TV, enjoy conversation with friends and family, but mental impairment would preclude me from all of those things.  My mom has dementia, somewhat advanced.  She's in a nursing home and in a state where she has no idea who anyone is, sits in her chair slumped over dozing most of the time, and when she talks, makes absolutely no sense at all.  If she had any idea that would have been her fate, she would have been horrified. 
      June 5, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

Disfigurement Spunky. Not impairment. Would that make a difference? Condolences for what your dear mom experiences.  My mom became senile and she seemed frightened a lot. I can imagine if there is any cognition at all being frightened would come from it. It is very sad and I'm very sorry. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 5, 2017 12:03 PM MDT

No, disfigurement would be the same as impairment for me.  I can still do many things that I enjoy in life in either of those cases.  Thanks for your concern about my mom.  She is not at all frightened, just sort of vacant. 
      June 5, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

Just wanted to make sure that I was clear about it. I'm glad your mom isn't frightened. I think that is a huge blessing. You're welcome m'dear! :)
      June 5, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

I understand.  In her condition, we appreciate those small blessings. :)
      June 5, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

I already HAVE mental impairment or I would not be on here.
      June 5, 2017 11:16 AM MDT

I'm here for the opposite reason  Shar. I have immense curiosity and my brain is teeming with questions 24/7 and in order to KEEP sane I come here to unburden my brain. Otherwise the unasked questions would drive me bonkers no doubt. So what you look at as proof of mental impairment I look at as a means to my salvation. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 5, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

Well, if downing Donald gives you any relief, I am with you 100 percent.
      June 5, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

I ask many other types of questions every day. This one is an example. You're the one who dragged Trump here not me. Other people do the same thing. I don't know why and I've given up caring why.  Most everyone  always assumes everything I ask is about Doofus Donny. It isn't but my protestations to the contrary fall on deaf ears. So I give up. People will think whatever they want to think and I don't care. I get what I want every day. Let them think what they want if it pleases them. No skin off my nose! Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at June 5, 2017 3:21 PM MDT
      June 5, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

WHAT?

Why are you going off on me? 

I never said you didn't.  I said if you down Donald (WHICH YOU DO A LOT ) I am on your side.

People have been complaining about your continuously posting questions about Trump.  I am totally okay with it.

Don't say you do not do it.   Look at how many questions you have posted about Trump versus what you post about anything else.

Don't say you don't do it.  OWN it.   
      June 5, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

the mental
      June 5, 2017 2:00 PM MDT

• I could probably deal with the physical better.  Although if it were mental,  I probably wouldn't be aware of it.  
      June 5, 2017 3:23 PM MDT