Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you a good person? If so do you regret it because people who are not good take advantage of you? Isn't the problem theirs, not yours?

Are you a good person? If so do you regret it because people who are not good take advantage of you? Isn't the problem theirs, not yours?

Posted - June 5, 2017

Responses

i don't let people in my life easily soo. i've never had anyone take advantage of me. some have tried but not succeeded.
      June 5, 2017 2:51 PM MDT

I can understand being cautious. But you may have  kept some really swell people out of your life simply because you were TOO cautious. Being a human being isn't easy. Life isn't easy. Getting old isn't easy. Relationships are rarely easy. I think humans are not meant to take the easy way in life. I think we're supposed to take risks/chances. You lose some, you win some and sometimes it's a draw. But that's what life is. Chancy. Thank you for your reply SS and Happy Tuesday!  :)
      June 6, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

My grandmother called me a marsh mellow.  I took it as a compliment. ;) This post was edited by carbonproduct at June 6, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

You are a sweet heart that is for certain.    And then there is ME.  LOL 
      June 5, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

Sugar is not as sweet as you. :D
      June 5, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

I haven't heard of "Nobody's Sweetheart" Shar but I have heard of
    "You're a sweetheart if ever there was one
    If ever there was one it's you"

I love the graphic. Looks like something from the 1920's. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 6, 2017 3:54 AM MDT

Well what are marshmallows? Overly sweet, gooey when melted with no food value at all. I dunno m'dear. Taking that as a compliment is a stretch unless she means you are a softie, a cuddle bear, a honey bunch. I assume she ADORES marshmallows, right?  And she could have called you a flake...corn, snow, soap. I think you are the kind of person who automatically looks for and finds the silver lining. I say more power to you cp. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 6, 2017 3:52 AM MDT

Besides the obvious evil-doers, the one's that are blatant ME ME MEer's, who am I to say who is bad and who is good?

Compared to Mother Teresa, I am very, very bad.  But compared to Trump, I am Mother Teresa.

We are on a wheel of life.  All of us grow and change; some evolve, some devolve.  Some learn sooner than later and some never learn, it seems.

So, who am I to judge.   The prayer "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" and the ever-popular "judge not lest ye be judged" are truth.

We are not here to point the finger.  We are here to look within and judge ourselves.   No one else is our business and the less we attach our agenda to the outcome of what we wish would happen to or for others, the more we are elevated and not blocking the Divine from cleansing our thoughts and making us feel blissful.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shar. I disagree with some of what you wrote but I asked and you answered and what more could I wish for than that? A life lived looking within is a selfish life in my opinion.  If you do that and say you are not here to judge others then you are also not here to be kind, useful, helpful to others. You are not here to fight on their behalf or stand up for them or protect them. You are here for you only. I can't agree with that at all. I think our purpose here is to be kind, useful, helpful  TO OTHERS and not self-centered, self-involved, selfish. Just my opinion Shar. All opinions are welcome. This post was edited by RosieG at June 6, 2017 7:24 AM MDT
      June 6, 2017 3:58 AM MDT

• I like to think I'm a good person. I have my issues, but good in general. Of course it's their problem. Sometimes, they need a swift kick in the rear end to see it, though.
      June 5, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

I think being violent (swift kick in the rear) is not compatible with being "good". Unless you mean it figuratively. And then I think the kick can still be very subtle and leave no bruises. Thank you for your reply TNJ and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 6, 2017 4:01 AM MDT

no, i could never regret being a good person
      June 5, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

Rosie, the problem is theirs. luv
      June 5, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

Exactamundo! Precisely m'dear! Thank you for your reply O and Happy Tuesday! :):):)
      June 6, 2017 4:02 AM MDT