Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do they still have circuses or are all the clowns currently in Washington, D.C.? When were you at a circus last? Your favorite act?Why?

Do they still have circuses or are all the clowns currently in Washington, D.C.? When were you at a circus last? Your favorite act?Why?

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

There are still smaller circuses around. I went with the kids and grandkids last year. I like the elephants. 
      June 6, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

Glad to hear that m2c. So many things I enjoyed as a kid are long gone. Glad that Circuses are still alive and well. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 20, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

i havent been to the circus since i was  a kid
      June 6, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

I have never been to one. I never had any interest in them.
      June 6, 2017 10:27 AM MDT

Your folks never took you to one? I loved the bareback riders, the trapeze artists, the small car out of which tumbled dozens of clowns. Thank you for your reply Ele! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 20, 2017 5:05 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 5:02 AM MDT

Send in the Clowns     - Lyrics updated and remasterd by Sharona

Isn't it rich?
    Aren't they a pair

Mike Pence the puppet

and Orangey overcombed hair?

We sure sent in the clowns

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 5:03 AM MDT
      June 6, 2017 10:34 AM MDT

• No, Obama was sent out and Hillary must be a clown in other places.
      June 19, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

SimpatichnayaZhopa 

If you are going to try and use a zinger, try to at least be clever about it.  Snore zzzzzzzzzzzzz 
      June 20, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

My 3 favorite songs are DUST IN THE WIND, SEND IN THE CLOWNS, SUNRISE/SUNSET. Thank you for your reply Shar and the graphic. Saw a PBS special a couple of nights ago with Judy Collins, T he Smothers Brothers, The Brother Four, The Limelighters, Glenn Yarborough and a few other long-time-ago musical artists. Took me back. The audience sang along with all of them. Took them back too!
      June 20, 2017 5:05 AM MDT

Hi Rosie,

I am a big Judy Collins fan and a fan of all the names you mentioned above.  That had to be quite a great show.  I will look it up and see if I can catch any of it on YouTube.

I don't know if you can access this graphic, but if you press on the arrow in the picture, it will take you to that album and you hear music.  Maybe your computer doesn't do that for you, I hope it does.    

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 6:10 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 6:09 AM MDT

• I have never seen a circus. Obama the clown left Washington January 20. Sillier Hillary the Clown was not allowed to be there.
      June 19, 2017 8:02 AM MDT

SIGH. I made the question purposely bipartisan. Sadly you were not willing to stay within the confines of fair and chose instead to make your reply very partisan. Very disappointing. I had such high hopes for you. Thank you for your reply SZ. Well ya win some ya lose some. That's life. :(
      June 20, 2017 5:08 AM MDT

HI Rosie, I am sorry, I am trying to erase something.   Ignore this if I cannot get it erased. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 6:30 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

And then you repeat this BRILLIANT COMMENT about Hillary and Obama  like it was something everyone is going to just be so impressed with. 

If you want to insult someone, it is a great idea if you explain why.  But since you are trying to back TRUMP, obviously you don't know a thing about what you think you are trying to say and have your hands over your ears and eyes continuously.

Give it up.  Braying about 'Obama BAD and TRUMP good'  over and over is like a donkey continuously braying HEE HAWWWW HEEE HAWWW. 
    Just like you are not listening to reason, no one is listening to YOU.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 6:27 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

Why don't you THINK before you bipartisan?

1/17 AT 4:48 PM

Following news that the Trump administration will withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, former President Barack Obama was quick to criticize “the absence of American leadership” in leading the charge in the fight against climate change. In a Thursday statement released shortly after the decision was formally announced, Obama called on “our states, cities, and businesses” to lead the charge in mitigating global emissions.

“I believe the Unites States of America should be at the front of the pack,” Obama said. “But even in the absence of American leadership; even as this Administration joins a small handful of nations that reject the future; I’m confident that our states, cities, and businesses will step up and do even more to lead the way, and help protect for future generations the one planet we’ve got.”

Read: How Elon Musk Will React To Paris Climate Agreement If It's Abandoned By Trump

Obama joins a chorus of other critics across social media currently expressing outrage at the Trump administration’s decision to withdraw from the accord in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence to support climate change.

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, as well as Academy Award-winner Leonardo DiCaprio, have also raised concerns about the controversial announcement. DiCaprio, a staunch supporter of environmentalism, took to Twitter Thursday to advocate for a number of environmental groups. “Today, our planet suffered. It’s more important than ever to take action,” he wrote, adding that individuals can help by supporting “organizations on the front lines of this fight.”

For his part, Musk wrote that he would be leaving the business advisory councils on which he serves for President Trump. “Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world,” he said.

Musk previously wrote Wednesday that he would have “no choice” but to leave the councils if the president did indeed decide to withdraw the United States from the accord.

“Don't know which way Paris will go, but I've done all I can to advise directly to POTUS, through others in WH & via councils, that we remain,” Musk tweeted Wednesday. The tech mogul said earlier this month that he remained “cautiously optimistic” that Trump would choose to remai
      June 20, 2017 6:29 AM MDT