Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Guys at AM: When you begin to like/date a woman, do you truly seek love or mainly intimacy?

Guys at AM: When you begin to like/date a woman, do you truly seek love or mainly intimacy?

I know not ALL men seek mainly sex, but in honesty, do you want love/connection or more seeking physical aspects of a relationship?

Posted - June 7, 2017

Responses

Why can't women answer.   Don't you think we knew what was going on?  After all, we were on the receiving end.   Men come in all shapes and packages.  They have as many reasons for wanting intimacy as there are reasons to think of.

Yes, they usually say they want sex. But more often than not they want a girlfriend too.
      June 7, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

Im not sure sometimes I think it can be the other way...they (guys) say they want love or a gf but want sex mainly...not ALL though i just wondered if guys here want love MORE
      June 7, 2017 9:29 PM MDT

It's been a while and I am happily married (I'm 71).  But I always simply sought a relationship with no particular end game in sight.  Had one woman finally ask me why I wouldn't go to bed with her---I told her I foresaw a 4 month period of lots of fun together with no long term future and that would not have been enough for me.  After she realized that the rejection wasn't personal, we actually remained long term friends.
      June 7, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

Thanks for the candid response T. So you actually would only sleep with someone with someone you DID foresee being in LOVE with (in contrast to men sleeping with most women who might just ask to go to bed, or a woman they might not even see a future with). I admire that. Thanks also for saying that simply seeking a relationship with no 'end game' is doable and fine!! I always think I need to be 'great' for a guy and be their everything , and when I fear I cannot do that, I decline a date at all:( I guess there really is no pressure for any specific 'end'.
      June 7, 2017 11:51 PM MDT

Not exactly what I meant to imply---For sexual intercourse to rise beyond mutual masturbation, the hearts, minds, and bodies of the participants have to reach out to each other in order to achieve the value inherent in that most human of acts---at least for me.  Sexual intercourse cannot for me be based upon a prospective assumption.

But for you, remember that pain bonding is normal, and remember it is also natural and relatively easy if you don't overthink it---just be yourself and never compromise principles when you do compromise.
      June 8, 2017 12:03 AM MDT

Mostly companionship at first. Someone I could talk to with barriers down.
      June 8, 2017 12:52 AM MDT