Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Some think earth is 6000 years old, not billions. Did history begin for Trumpets January 20, 2017? Did anything of value ever occur BT?

Some think earth is 6000 years old, not billions. Did history begin for Trumpets January 20, 2017? Did anything of value ever occur BT?

BT
Before Trump

Posted - June 8, 2017

Responses

So called Intelligent  Design concept occurred BT but it has no value.
      June 8, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      June 8, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

Oh yes.  Those were the BAD times.   Those times did not have Trump as dictator.  Now we can compare our SAVIOR to the bad times before he saved us.    PRAISE TRUMP.   
      June 8, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

BT . The dark ages. When the plague took millions of lives and wars took more lives. People were waiting for the arrival of you know who and guess who showed up? Timing is everything and the weary and wanting embraced him and carry him on their shoulders. His feet do not touch the ground. He is the hallowed one. The one whose name you dare not speak. Thank you for your reply and the graphic. I like the guy on the right. I bet he'd make a great president! The guy on the left? He should get a job where he doesn't have to engage with the public. In an office with the door always closed and a sign thereon that says OUT TO LUNCH!
      June 8, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

Well, if it is a billion years old, it is also 6000 years old.  But I know you meant "only" 6000.

It's unfortunate that the words "creationist" and "intelligent design" have become associated with specific beliefs rather than with their more general meanings---I..E., all are now spelled with a capital as the first letter.
      June 8, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

No tom. I didn't. I meant it exactly as I wrote it. I believe "only" is implied/understood and therefore unnecessary. Now while I do at times play with words and frolic about with them and envelope myself in them there are times when an economical approach works best. If the earth is 6000 years old it cannot be billions of years old and vice-versa. While it is true that 6000 years is certainly part of  billions, it is used as a limitation here not a springboard. I watched a talk show years ago where the religious one of the group insisted the earth was 6000 years old and not any older because she said the Bible told her so. She could not  be moved from that position. The other ladies tried very hard not to laugh at her and be polite. As with most people who are always sure that they are right, she left no wiggle room at all. The earth is 6000 years old PERIOD! End of story! According to her. Don't know whatever happened to her. She didn't last very long on the show after that. Perhaps she decided to get into another profession or work for the church. She was pleasant enough when she was being funny, telling jokes. When she was serious? That was not her strong suit!. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 8, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

You misunderstand my response.

I am a creationist and I believe in intelligent design, but only if you use those concepts as adjectives rather than proper nouns.

I do not share the perspective of either the Creationist or those who believe in Intelligent Design, but I do believe in the concept of a creator who intelligently designed all of His creation.

I was not commenting on the accuracy of the terms in your question---I was simply pointing out that when I first started answering questions years ago, I was unaware that a Creationist has a specific set of beliefs about the world beyond the simple fact that something created it.  Same for "Intelligent Design."

Sort of an "oh, that reminds me" kind of response.
      June 8, 2017 2:36 PM MDT