Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is your worth/value determined by others or by you? Why?

Is your worth/value determined by others or by you? Why?

Friends will place high value on you. Enemies will do their best to undermine you. So how much justice/truth is there there? On the other hand are we really the best judges of ourselves? What makes more sense to you? Why?

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

My worth/value isn't a set value.  My Mom values me differently than my brothers, and each of them values me differently.  Likewise with my friends.  Enemies may wish to undermine me, but they each place their own value on my worthiness.  

As I asked on your other post...who determines whose assessment is more or less correct?  

Sensibly, I must rely on myself.  My assessment, however, will always take into consideration what others think of me when such is known to me.  I often ask friends and family to give me their honest opinion when I think I need an outside point of view, and I have always made clear to them that I prefer they state things honestly to me, whether solicited or not.  
      June 11, 2017 4:51 AM MDT

by me
      June 11, 2017 4:31 PM MDT