Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Have you ever confronted an employer/overseer about an issue you had?

Have you ever confronted an employer/overseer about an issue you had?

How did it go? Were you very composed (in person or in email too if that is how you chose), or did you become flustered? I just sent a message to a woman I have helped with child care b/c, she cuts my already low hours and tells me on such short notice- now I am nervous she'll not like the message or find it offensive- I had mentioned that she cut hours, now I wonder if I was appearing accusatory, or will she understand I was just stating a fact? (but I explained /asked  if she might be able to go back to what she told me 2 weeks ago about adding a day). If anyone has ever confronted a employer , similar experiences welcome..

Posted - June 16, 2017

Responses

• I work in food services in a hospital. The cafeteria was so cold that I often wore a T- shirt, a long sleeved T-shirt, a sweat shirt and my required work shirt.  I repeatedly brought this up tp supervisors to no avail.  I spoke to the director and was met with the dismissive quip, "Could you wear a thermal vest?".  So I emailed the president/CEO.  That got action.  The cafeteria is now a mild ambient temperature.  
      June 16, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

Good for YOU!!! Wow, that is really great, you were met with a turned head so you went higher up to make it clear  you were not satisfied. Being that cold is NOT acceptable in my opinion, that is your work environment and to be that cold is not a light matter. I am glad it worked out. I just fear she will again ignore me (when I have brought up something else she didn't respond for nearly 2 weeks, even when she said had received it). or that she'll t hink I'm being pushy or berating her over low hours yet again. I am very much a people pleaser and NEVER speak up ... so when I did a few weeks ago over a different matter, I felt good.. but b/c I'm telling her now something she def. did (lowering my hours) I feel she 'll think I'm being abrasive or something, when basically I'm trying to say you cut hours at last min. and I do not get compensated, and things are very tight. :/  Ty so much for answering today
      June 16, 2017 7:45 PM MDT

sometimes, not lately since i havent had a job
      June 17, 2017 5:46 PM MDT