Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you return RUDE to those who fling it at you or do you remain POLITE ? Why?

Do you return RUDE to those who fling it at you or do you remain POLITE ? Why?

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

Remain polite. Because its who I am. 
      June 18, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

Same Same carbonproduct.  It's not in my nature :)  If it came to fight or flee, I am definitely the fleeing one!   
      June 18, 2017 7:02 PM MDT

That's nice. I usually ignore. It works a lot better for me. Thank you for your reply cp! :)
      June 19, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

Sarcasm is the route I'd be most likely to take but in a calm voice.
      June 18, 2017 1:17 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Monday. Also Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day m'dear! You don't look your age! How do I know never having seen you?  I have my ways! :)
      June 19, 2017 2:39 AM MDT

Thank you, Rosie.
      June 19, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

i dont like to be rude back so i just tell them i gotta go, 2 wrongs dont make it right
      June 18, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

When people fling crap my way, I don't become angry. I am hurt.  I have never become so angry at someone that I would intentionally strike out on their person.  We may disagree on a topic and that is fine; but, to degrade them as a person is not who I am. them.  It certainly isn't in my character.
    Since my initial reaction is being hurt, I either try to clarify what I said so they understand I wasn't trying to be brash or mean.  And after that, I apologize profusely, even though I didn't mean to do anything wrong and shy away.
    Not even in my real life do I strike out verbally or physically at someone or threaten them.
    Chaos that is fed by anger really frightens me.  I don't like to read it or see it or be a part of it. 
      June 18, 2017 6:59 PM MDT

I have come to the conclusion that some people feed off negativity/hostility/animosity Merlin. They thrive on it. They seek it out and create it if they can't find it. Once I identify who these folks are I try to avoid them. I have no intention of wastin myg time on them. I believe one can disagree without being disagreeable or engage in person insult/attacks. I can do it because it's how I prefer to roll. Others who seem unable to do it are of no interest to me. Out-of-control anger/hatred scare the crap outta me. People who are like that are the ones who explode and if they have guns well, guess what happens? Not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Monday! :)
      June 19, 2017 2:43 AM MDT