Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does a woman experience occasional bedwetting when she reaches her mid-forties?

Does a woman experience occasional bedwetting when she reaches her mid-forties?

I'm 45, and it's happened four times already in the past two months. This hasn't happened to me since I was six or so. The only persons I've mentioned this to are my parents, and their response was it happens sometimes but it shouldn't. 
I'm particularly worried as I'm about to commit myself into a relationship, and I don't want such accidents to be a deal breaker. 

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

No.  Time for a trip to the doctor.  There is medication that should help you with your issue.
      June 18, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

Ditto what Harry said.
      June 18, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

I would say go to the Dr as the others said. 
    I only had that happen once while I was pregnant....20s not 40s.
      June 18, 2017 9:02 PM MDT

Hi.  Might this be averted by taking less fruit, liquids, sweets in your diet?  Or increasing intake of foods naturally contractive - like whole grains, root vegetables, salt?  Even relaxed our body should have the naturally constrictive abilities that prevents this. But as we age even in good health we start having less control - has not yet happened to me but I am afraid it will  and as a result have begun making more frequent pre-emptive bathroom trips in the last few years.  And my husband is starting to have the beginnings of it.
      June 19, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

ive never had that happen, i usually will wake up if i have to go, if that happens maybe you should wear a diaper to bed so you dont have a mess, also, go see a doctor to find out why its happening
      June 19, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

From the internet---site can be found by highlighting the italicized paragraph and searching for it.

Causes of adult bedwetting can be both physical and psychological and may include diabetes, bladder cancer, neurological disorders, side effects of medication, prostate cancer or enlargement, urinary tract infections or urinary tract stones, and obstructive sleep apnea. Other various causes of adult bedwetting may include acute anxiety or emotional disorders, a small bladder size, and constipation. Hormonal imbalances can trigger bedwetting in some people. Many hormonal problems are caused by adrenal or thyroid dysfunction such as in autoimmune thyroid disease, Hashimoto’s disease, and hyperthyroidism.
      June 19, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

• Thank you for the trouble you've taken to help me out. 
      June 19, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

You're quite welcome.
      June 20, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

Your parents were right, It happens sometimes but it shouldn't.. I suppose this is an older post and by now you must have consult a doc.
      July 2, 2017 12:18 PM MDT