Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If you are willing to settle for less is that all you deserve? Do you think "compromise" is the same as "settling for"? Why?

If you are willing to settle for less is that all you deserve? Do you think "compromise" is the same as "settling for"? Why?

Posted - June 20, 2017

Responses

In a compromise, no one gets what they want.
      June 20, 2017 7:47 AM MDT

Yes.   Exactly.   It may be with some "ENLIGHTENED" *  individuals that the compromise actually benefits all because each member of the compromise is listening to the other members and learning with an open mind that not all the evidence one claims to be relevant is the only evidence to consider.

*unfortunately we have the OTHER (GOP) kind of individuals in the compromise you are speaking of.  The White House?   The idiots we have in power think that the only way to achieve anything is to gum up the works for their opposers of anything good or worthwhile that would benefit the Country.  Instead, they seek their own agendas to secure the best possible result for themselves  as individuals.  And it is always with the intention of making the other party  lose.  They will cut off their noses to spite their faces and everyone else's face, just to WIN.    Global warming?  NAH.  We don't need that on the plate.   Fageddaboudit.  That costs money we need to secure the 2nd Amendment.  We need more guns so we can shoot at the planet and kill off anything that threatens OUR WAY OF LIFE. 
      June 20, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shar.
      June 21, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I have had the best and would never settle for less.
      June 20, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom! :)
      June 21, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I always try my best to get the Best. No compromise at anything....., except... in family matters, wherein I think, compromise is always the best solution. This post was edited by aHappyPerson at June 25, 2017 11:12 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

I'm not a "my way or  the highway" person. Compromise means progress to me. Moving forward. Thank you for your reply HP and Happy  Wednesday to thee! :)
      June 21, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

not necessarily, you might deserve more
      June 20, 2017 3:00 PM MDT