Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Answer a question that appeals to you. Don't if it doesn't. Don't strain the brain. That way EVERYONE ALWAYS is polite. Good, right?

Answer a question that appeals to you. Don't if it doesn't. Don't strain the brain. That way EVERYONE ALWAYS is polite. Good, right?

Posted - June 20, 2017

Responses

I'm not polite on here.  I am political and that is never a polite subject with me in an exchange, I'm sorry to say.  I'm sure you can be sympathetic with what we have to deal with in that category.
      June 20, 2017 11:13 AM MDT

It's not easy to remain polite with some people. I have no patience Shar. So I simply avoid engaging with the rude/impolite. Unless they're AC/DC and we have a long history. Otherwise? No dice. I don't  show up on Answermug to get angry or upset. I show up to have fun, learn something and feel happy about being here. When you know where the landmines are why on earth would you step on one if you can avoid doing so? I avoid. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 21, 2017 1:37 AM MDT

Some people don't seem to be very polite to you Rosie for some of the questions you ask.
    And some of them don't ask questions very often at all.
    This place would be dead in the water if it weren't for you and a few of the others who ask more questions then others do.
    We have lost a lot of good posters who did contribute to the site and made it more fun.
    So instead of people bitching about the questions asked, they should answer or ask questions that interest them.
      June 20, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

I couldn't agree more.
      June 20, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

You would think people had better things to do then to gripe about what people post on here instead of just ignoring it.
      June 20, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

You would think!
      June 20, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

Think about why it is that we lost a lot of good posters. Even people with the best intentions will flee a scene where they're being bombarded nonstop. It's just not fun. I had to take a break from it myself.  
      June 20, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

I know of several people who left here and it had nothing to do with being bombarded by the questions asked.
    And if that is the worst they have gone thru, I would say they are pretty lucky.
    I have been thru much worse so I guess why things posted on a site don't bother me that much.
      June 20, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

And I know many people who have left precisely because of the bombardment. 

Not a matter it being the worst thing they've ever gone through. It's a matter of wanting to spend their leisure time doing something entertaining.  

And being bombarded with political questions quite close to the point of spamming..... well, for some reason, they just don't find it entertaining.    
      June 20, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

I can't say that all the political questions interest me either. Nor do several others I see posted here. But there are enough topics to choose from that I can always find something to post on.
    I am sorry that others felt like they couldn't do that and had to leave.
      June 20, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

They didn't have to leave. They just didn't consider it worth their time to filter through all the nonsense and chose to leave for more entertaining pursuits. 
      June 20, 2017 4:06 PM MDT

• Right, it was too overwhelming. Spamming the homepage with question after question after question on the same subject sucks all the fun out of everything. Ignoring is hardly an option when you have to scroll through several pages just to find a question that isn't political. It's just not a fun place, and that's why they left.
      June 20, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

Correct Karen. Which is a shame because this place has a lot of potential. And I truly wish there was an answer so we could get some of the fun people back and have a good time.
      June 20, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

((hugs))   It would be boring if people were to agree 100% of the time 24/7. It's so easy peasy to disagree without being disageeable. People do it all the time. Some, on the other hand, show up simply to be rude/impolite/sassy/smartalecky. Those folks I don't need to waste any time on so I don't...mostly. Sadly some of my former  Answerbag pals who WERE HERE left because of the very same people I avoid. I'm never gonna let anyone drive me away from any place for any reason. I'm in control of me and no one takes that away sweetie. They try but they will always fail. I'm tougher and stubborner.  Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 21, 2017 1:43 AM MDT
      June 21, 2017 1:40 AM MDT

sounds good to me
      June 20, 2017 2:46 PM MDT

If one is a storm chaser, one should expect to get wet from the rain.
      June 20, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

I like that. Mind if I use it?
      June 20, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

Absolutely---and no royalties required.
      June 21, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

OK here is one for you.
    If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blister.
      June 21, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

Deep.
      June 20, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

What you are saying is that being treated rudely is what should be expected if one asks questions the rude people don't like? Really? I totally disagree with thee. Good manners is always preferable to ranting and raving and attacking in my opinion. So we disagree wholeheartedly. So what? Thank you for your point of view and Happy Wednesday to you.
      June 21, 2017 1:48 AM MDT

What I am saying is that real intimacy is rarely polite---Life is not simply an exchange of principles at a bar after which we all go home and live happily ever after with our conflicting conclusions.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way---and if you don't make a choice, I will choose for you.

Argumentum ad hominem may be a logical fallacy, but sometimes it is the most accurate judgment.

"So we disagree wholeheartedly, So what?" you ask.  Well, when you don't see the big picture and others who agree with you don't either, that's an issue that you and those people would be well advised to address.
      June 21, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

Thank you for you reply. I don't understand it at all tom.  I'm sure the fault lies with me not thee.
      June 22, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

Hi Rosie.  If only things were like that here and elsewhere things would be so much easier. I see no reason to be rude to anybody on here.  We are all people with different ideas and opinions.  I don't have to agree with anybody on here or elsewhere,  but I do need to be respectful.  That just is how I was raised.  I know I miss a few people on here who no longer post. I can understand why some left here. 
      June 20, 2017 4:39 PM MDT